Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

E-mail virus problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noted that there seem to be more e-mail related virus problems lately? I keep McAfee VirusScan updated constantly and protecting my computer in the background all the time, yet I have received more messages lately indicating that an e-mail I supposedly "attempted to send" to someone was not delivered. These messages involve emails to people I don't know at all. I am careful to delete mail that appears to be junk and particularly messages that include attachments to emails from people and organizations I don't know. I am careful to scan any of my own files before uploading and check any downloads, as well.

The problem I have noted lately is one that seems to occur during a split second surrounding a sign-on or sign-off from the Internet. I have never had this happen before and would appreciate any advice that anyone can offer. I certainly don't want to be passing on an email virus to ANYONE!!

Thanks!
Sheila

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had a huge increase of virus email the last month or so. I get about 5-15 each day. They always seem to be around 32kb or 41kb. I've had a lot of those returned mail, but I know its not me(a virus on my computer) sending them out because I only use webmail.

RMF

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RMF said:
I've had a huge increase of virus email the last month or so. I get about 5-15 each day. They always seem to be around 32kb or 41kb. I've had a lot of those returned mail, but I know its not me(a virus on my computer) sending them out because I only use webmail.

RMF

Thanks, RMF. I'm sorry to hear that the problem is hitting you, too, but I'm glad to know it's not just me. Misery loves company, or so they say. I, for one, don't enjoy being miserable with or without company, but at least I'm not hallucinating. That could be tragic for a psychologist. Fun, perhaps, but also tragic. Thanks for the information!!!

Sheila

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm going to pick up an older computer soon and use it for all my email. That way if something does get through, it doesn't hit my main computers.

RMF

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RMF said:
I'm going to pick up an older computer soon and use it for all my email. That way if something does get through, it doesn't hit my main computers.

RMF

Now, that's one terrific idea!! I never thought of that, but it certainly makes sense, although I'm not sure where I would find the room to keep an additional computer set up and ready to use.

By the way, I'm sure you don't need any suggestions for a place to find an "older computer," but if you are interested, I have a local (to Denver) computer store (also online) that I have dealt with exclusively for my computer purchases since 1994. It is known as Action Computers, also known as Action Used Computers. Please note that their definition of "Used" includes any piece of equipment that has been taken out of its box. I have a link to their web site on my links page at http://www.forensicdomains.com/links.html.

They have some absolutely incredible deals on their web site and through the store and I'm sure that if you were to write to the owner, Mark Hope (his email address is also included as a link on the same page), and tell them that Sheila sent you, he'd do his best to work out a terrific deal for you. Action also offers a "Last Chance" sale every week at which people can pick up used computer systems for literally tiny sales prices, and if one were looking for a computer strictly for email, I think this would be a great resource to investigate.

By the way, I am a true fan of Action Computers and I do NOT receive any compensation whatsoever for offering this recommendation, but I have been so satisfied with my dealings with this store that I feel very comfortable offering a referral to Action to even the pickiest of my computer geek buddies. This is a store that truly stands behind their products and services, and the owner has been known to personally work with customers on projects (for free) that consume literally days of his time. Take a look at their products if you are interested in doing so.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences with me.

Sheila

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would, but the shipping would be a nightmare :)

RMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom