Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

eBay Domain Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Link to Auction

I don't use eBay at all to buy domains, and just had a quick browse - this one caught my eye

$300K for SparePay.com with a $400K buy now. From the whois it seems it was registered 3 days ago.

Now, does this guy really think he can make $300K off a domain he hand registered 3 days ago? Seriously?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is too funny.

"ONE OF THE BEST ON EBAY--JUST WAITING FOR A WEBSITE"

....yea right :)

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name is so appealing, spare and pay <- 2 great keywords. That guy is a joke!

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im tired of ebay, so much overpriced stuff and the "Make $1.000000 if you but this turnkey site for $9.99"
Okey, i sure made some good deals over at ebay, so i cant just complain..
And sure hope that no one buys overpriced domains like that one above.
Cheers,
Dimva

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
whats wrong with it?

The price may be JUST abit too high but the name sounds ok, before paypal was ever made, if someone sold paypal or stormpay.com on ebay for that price everyone would have laughed... but companies build brands on these names, easy to remmeber etc.

He just put a good end user price on it maybe ABIT too high but looks reasonable-iSh for the market, i seen FAR WORSE NAMES for FAR HIGHER PRICES IN ebay.

As for registering the name 3 days ago, i sold a name i registered for less than 2 days for $2,000 because it had targetted traffic... so if a name sounds good noone will look at when its registered.

G_Gekko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, name like paypal etc are good when a brand have been built around them, but before the brand have been build their value is minimal. You can just as well get another name to build the brand around and save $300K.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am just saying its NOT unrelistic completely and it is possible an end user MAY be intrested. Remmeber those companies won't care much if they spend $3,000 or $300,000 ... I belive you have to pay a HUGE MASSIVE deposite just to join the fsa,so that wont be much if they LIKE the name, thats all matters, if the guy at the top likes it (or investors)

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when has a big company ever gone on ebay to purchase their domain?

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it can be an agent, i heard companies hire experts or agents to buy domains...

Its not IMPOSSIBLE, but rare.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he was selling it for $3000, then I would assume he's trying to lure a sucker, however, suckers don't have 300k.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LMAO

He is now listing it $100K higher at $400K, with a buy now of half a million.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there are 2 categories for people like tat.

1) people who just want to attract attention to their listing (and obviously it works, it did attract attention, it is posted here) and in the mean time they'll advertise somewhere another service, or their own reseller site to reg names etc...
the ad will be subtle, but will work on some people, like 'this domain is regged at bullcrapreg.com the best registrar', which is usualy owned by, guess who, the seller.
same applies with value added services shown with the domain.
I see this done many many times.

2) a complete newbie who was told that it is easy to become a milionaire by buying and selling domains, so they reg one, or many, and try their luck...
you'd be amazed how many of these there are.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would guess this idiot is attempting to infringe on squaretrade.

By the way, I just registered billpaycafe.com for $6.99 last week. Lets start the bidding at $750k :-D

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eBay is not only a poor place to buy domains, but an even worse place to sell domains. The same idiots who list their domains for innordinate prices, are bidding up domains with no intention to pay. eBay, IMHO, has become irrelevant.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BLazeD said:
$300K for SparePay.com with a $400K buy now. From the whois it seems it was registered 3 days ago.

Looks like the starting bid is $400k with a BIN of $500k :bandit:

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^^^^

BLazeD said:
LMAO

He is now listing it $100K higher at $400K, with a buy now of half a million.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
prose said:
I used ebay to sell a developed website with revenue and traffic I had purchased on dnforum for $500USD.

$1 starting bid, no reserve.

It sold for $1.

Sorry to hear that. Let me know when you list your next auction, and I'll make sure it sells for at least $2. :cheeky:

Seriously, though, I am sorry to hear that. The only thing worse than a non-paying bidder is a paying bidder that just took your product for 1/500th of market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom