Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Ebay prices going up...final value fee's increasing! WTF? Are'nt they rich enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
..and I quote from an email I just got:

An important part of any business strategy is the regular evaluation of pricing structure. From time to time, we make pricing changes to correct unhealthy dynamics in the eBay marketplace, as was the case last July. Typically, however, we make changes on an annual basis at the beginning of the year.

Today, I'm here to tell you about fee adjustments for eBay.com and eBay Motors which go into effect on January 30, 2007.
Let me say that, while we believe these changes are modest, we consider any changes that may impact our sellers with great care. These adjustments are the result of careful analysis and we believe they're the right thing to do to keep the marketplace strong for our eBay.com and eBay Motors sellers.

Core Listing Fees: Auction-Style & Fixed Price*

Fee Type Item Price New Fee Current Fee
Insertion Fee Starting Price:
$1.00 - $9.99 NEW $0.40 $0.35 OLD
Final Value Fee Selling Price:
$25.01 - $1000.00 NEW 3.25% 3% OLD

*Does not impact Store Inventory Listings.

eBay Motors Vehicles Fees

The fees listed above will also apply to Parts & Accessories.
Fee Type New Fee Current Fee
Motorcycles & Powersports
Transaction Services Fee NEW $40 $30 OLD
Cars & Trucks, Other
Vehicles & Trailers
Transaction Services Fee NEW $50 $40 OLD
Motors Reserve Fee NEW 0.1% of reserve price
($5 minimum,
$10 maximum) $5 OLD

To learn more about each of these changes, I invite you to read our Frequently Asked Questions and our eBay Fees Help page. (To learn more about Canada fee adjustments, please check the Announcement Board for eBay.ca.)

Imagine how much this is going to add up to overall...hmm
Anyone care to do the math of an extra .25% on everything? & and extra 10$ to list every car or truck?

Domain Days 2024

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again?!

Reminds me of a sad story. I was looking to invest and narrowed my choice between two companies. eBay was one and the other one (to be named later) had just been made available to the public. I flipped a coin and the result was to purchase eBay at $112 a share. eBay shortly thereafter announced a new pricing structure and the stock plummeted. They then had a reverse split and the stock was sold at less than half of what I paid for it.
The other stock which I could have bought at about $120 was Google and it is currently at about $460. Just my luck. I expect more of the same greedy moves from eBay and use their services hardly ever anymore.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never have used ebay to sell or buy a domain.

was planning on trying it out, but now....... who knows

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never have used ebay to sell or buy a domain.

was planning on trying it out, but now....... who knows

try it... if you have quality domains ebay is a nice, mostly untapped resource for selling them, granted that they are priced reasonable or with no reserve.

its great for niche items, and domains are no exception...ill pay this fee increase with a smile, wont even notice these pennies in the grand scheme of things.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I get these emails I always send them to [email protected] as kind of a protest

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As an eBay store member, I like the fee increase.
It eliminates competition.
Unless you are already an established eBay member, it is now HARDER to enter the market. :smokin:

3ammary

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i tried to sell in ebay but i failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom