Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eBay seller doesn't send names after sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out that I purchased a name from eBay and the seller did not follow thru with pushing the name after payment was sent. I tried numerous times to contact the seller via several different email addresses I located, all went without replies. It appears others are having the same issues seeing they left him negative feedback. It was not a lot of money for my item, but seeing others are not receiving their domains I wanted to point this out so other potential buyers can beware.

The sellers info is as follows:
ebay id: daytonawebinc

User ID: daytonawebinc
Name: MIKE lowhorn
Company: Daytona Web, inc
City: Daytona Beach
State: FL
Phone: (386) 258-5007

Paypal customer service email: [email protected] (No response)
Whois info lawrenceburgwelding.com
Administrative Contact:
LAWHORN, MICHAEL [email protected]
5116 WHIRLAWAY LN
LAWRENCEBURG, Kentucky 40342
United States

Registrant:
DAYTONA WEB, INC
952 BERKSHIRE ROAD
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida 32117
United States

Other email addresses I located and sent an email to without any response: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you paid via paypal. So do a charge back.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I already put in a dispute with paypal. It was not a lot of money, but it appears this has happened to more than one person. I wanted to make the post so others would not get burned for larger amounts of money.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would consult Ebay and post about it in their commuity forums.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried looking, but I didnt see anywhere to report buyers.

Have a link to where and also their forums where I can report members like this?

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you file a dispute with Paypal?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am afraid this is the maximum you can do along with the negative feedback @ Ebay.

That's what I assumed. I just wanted to point the person out so others don't go and buy something and the product is not delivered like me and a few others from the looks of the sellers feedback.

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The person in question has a -2 feedback rating. That should have been a warning to you.
I tend to deal with sellers on eBay who have a proven track record. Best of luck getting your money back.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The person in question has a -2 feedback rating. That should have been a warning to you.
I tend to deal with sellers on eBay who have a proven track record. Best of luck getting your money back.

LOL funny. :lol: No $hit

Had a 1 when I won the auction.

Thanks anyways.

Oh well we'll see what happens. I usually deal with people who have been a member of eBay for more than a week too. It was hardly any money, so I am not worried.

But yeah you definately need to look at the feedback before buying anywhere.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Non-tangible goods ... Ebay/PayPal does not cover such sales, and thus it's highly unlikely you'll ever recover anything from them.

However, if you funded the PayPal purchase using your credit card (smart ebay buyers, especially when dealing with untrusted sellers / large purchases, always fund with credit card), then you're in luck - simply call up your card issuer and initiate a chargeback for non-receipt of goods.

Ron

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domagon, I thought you had to fund your PayPal purchases with your credit card. Is there another way? Or do you mean fund your eBay purchases? But even then, isn't this done through PayPal? I mean, you don't give the seller your cc number.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Paypal and Enay are total waste of time. They are simply not at all interested in whether or not clients get scammed !!. I had same thing happen and Paypal refised to chargeback and so did credit card.

DG

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PayPal defaults to deducting funds from one's PayPal balance, then one's bank account, then credit card ... in that order.

Many PayPal users override the default and pay with a credit card (has to explicitedly selected each time; can't be defaulted) because many don't have enough money in their bank account and/or want the additional protection that credit card companies provide for on-line purchases.

domaingenius- you say your credit card company refused to grant the chargeback - that's highly unusual ... typically non-receipt of on-line purchases (unless the seller has proof of shipping / signature to the billing address on file with the card issuer) is a slamdunk.

Ron

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have bought and sold many (dozens) of domain names on eBay. It all comes down to the business integrity of the seller.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domaingenius- you say your credit card company refused to grant the chargeback - that's highly unusual ... typically non-receipt of on-line purchases (unless the seller has proof of shipping / signature to the billing address on file with the card issuer) is a slamdunk.

Ron

Actually should say it was a Visa debit card. Paid by paypal but funds came from Card as no funds in Paypal itself. Maybe it is fact it was debit rather than credit ???

DG

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Debit cards are bad becuase it comes straight out fo your account and you canot dispute it as easily. Its a good idea to use a credit card.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Debit cards are bad becuase it comes straight out fo your account and you canot dispute it as easily. Its a good idea to use a credit card.

Thanks ,yes will remember that in future.

DG

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, seller stated the reason he didn't sell the name was because he would be losing money by selling at such a low price. Not a big deal.

Here is the paypal info for those to be aware when dealing with this individual:

Seller's Name: Lawrenceburg Welding & Fabrication, Inc
Seller's Email: [email protected]

Case was ruled in my favor, but funds were unable to be obtained from the seller's account. I hope the $1 was worth it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom