Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

eBay seller doesn't send names after sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

hecto

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this has happened to me before, I dont really undersatnd why people put their domains for sale on ebay and do not go through with the sale. Bceause its little money and use a charge back it means that it is wasted as you only get 3 a year I think. Anyway thanks for the info.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have bought Acro.net on eBay :D

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As Theo mentioned, it all comes down to the integrity of the seller. The majority of them, including myself, follow thru with the sale no matter the price. I have sold names from $1 on up to several thousand dollars on eBay without an issue. Paypal sucks when it comes to disputing the charges.

What is funny, but just shows the type of seller I was dealing with is he stated he would refund my payment and never did. I hope he doesn't run his business the same way as he conducted his business online otherwise people need to beware.

Like I said, it was a small amount, so an FYI post here was my intention. If I received a refund great, but I was not holding my breath for it. What I don't understand is, don't these sellers know that word of mouth of the transaction spreads like wildfire. Anyways, I wanted to update the post with the outcome so others know what type of seller this is and hopefully with enough complaints from buyers can get this seller banned from eBay and Paypal, so no one can get ripped off in the future for a larger amount of money.

I was lucky enough to have bought Acro.net on eBay :D

Very cool. Usually you can get great deals on eBay. You just have to weed thru the junk names that are listed for millions of dollars. :lol:

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I review Ebay every once and a while (once a week), usually the completed listings. Some of these names are a total loss. Of course never turn your back fully, you might miss an opportunity. :eek:

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I review Ebay every once and a while (once a week), usually the completed listings. Some of these names are a total loss. Of course never turn your back fully, you might miss an opportunity. :eek:

There are definitley some gems there every once in a while. I was lucky enough to find UniqueVisitors-net for $25 or so

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are definitley some gems there every once in a while. I was lucky enough to find UniqueVisitors-net for $25 or so

I nabbed we-org on eBAY... parlayed it and some $$ for we-com

Sold we-com for well into 7 figures.

So, yeah... sometimes fleabay comes in handy :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom