Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

EGU.com Sold For $550

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what the hell is going on with stolen domains???????????
I better move everything I have to Moniker....

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyday you hear about new stolen domains, it makes me think.. Is my domains safe? i really dont know..

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
what the hell is going on with stolen domains???????????
I better move everything I have to Moniker....

Normally, your statement would be solid advice.

However, the name was originally in Moniker and it was pushed from one acct
to the other within Moniker.

Now, the question is --

"Will Monte help settle this since it will also tarnish his company's reputation
as a safe harbor registrar?"

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well now this guy cant resell the domain on....

moniker is as safe as any other registrar! when ur main email is hacked say bye to all your names... thats why you should never use free email prviders...

its not the registrar's job to protect your goods, but yours!

Collector

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have bought a 3 letter .net from the seller before, and the name turned out to be hijacked from the owner (at GD) using hotmail as his admin email.

I cannot be sure though, for the previous account holder might have been cancelled and 'someone else' might have registered under the same username.

Anyway, I returned the 3 letter .net :)

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hehe, this gets more intersting per min...

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Normally, your statement would be solid advice.

However, the name was originally in Moniker and it was pushed from one acct
to the other within Moniker.

Now, the question is --

"Will Monte help settle this since it will also tarnish his company's reputation

well, let's see.
my bet is yes.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what registrars need to do is do some type of LIVE ip monitoring, so when a user logs in as someone and is from another country as previousely recorded the account is locked, that way its much safer, unless you account gets hacked by someone in your own country...!

Anyways:
I just recently bought a domain from someone regged in moniker, their interface was pretty damn good i though but poor support! i sent them an email and still waiting for a response!

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting? another sale going sour? And it was not Moniker that pushed the domain, but the owner. I see nothing wrong with Moniker's system. (I only have 2 names with them so don't flame me about this)

Reaction score
Hello Csite.net,

What issue are you waiting to resolve? We are rarely late in responding to any customer issues. Just send me an email at [email protected] and copy [email protected] and I guarantee you will get a response and resolution.

Regarding egu.com, what am I missing here? The domain was sold and then pushed between Moniker accounts and there is suspect of fraud or theft? Please explain or send me an email so I can have my guys look into it.

Thanks,

Monte

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MonikerMan said:
Hello Csite.net,

What issue are you waiting to resolve? We are rarely late in responding to any customer issues. Just send me an email at [email protected] and copy [email protected] and I guarantee you will get a response and resolution.

Regarding egu.com, what am I missing here? The domain was sold and then pushed between Moniker accounts and there is suspect of fraud or theft? Please explain or send me an email so I can have my guys look into it.

Thanks,

Monte

From what the thread shows, the seller put it on AfterNic and sold it for 550, but then pushed it and then did not get paid.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Now, the question is --

I don't know, did you bother to personally email and inform him about the situation before even referring to Moniker and "safe harbor registrar" in the same sentence?

Reckless.

Reaction score
The "safe harbor" high security we have is in regards to preventing domain theft....which you can now see is out of control at other registrars and not even present at Moniker.

suspect transactions between buyer and seller are completely different and is not related to domain theft protection. Domain sales/purchases gone bad have much different resolution actions and policies than domains being stolen or attempted to be stolen between registrants and registrars.

Just want to clarify this as how a domain is purchased and then pushed between buyer and seller before someone receives funds would not reflect on the registrar unless we were the escrow agent in the transaction. this is another reason why working with an escrow service directly tied to a registrar where there is an escrow account for the domain is the only way to protect this from happening.

We provide this service and have for years.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BLazeD said:
I don't know, did you bother to personally email and inform him about the situation before even referring to Moniker and "safe harbor registrar" in the same sentence?

Reckless.

I am not sure If I understand your question?

However, there are a couple points I wanted to mention.

I know Moniker has no legal obligation or authority to return the domain.

Only UDRP, etc can do that.

However, he would have more clout or control over the domain than anyone else. As minor as it might be.

I also know that Monte will attempt to resolve this problem.
I know he strives to maintain the highest level of integrity.

Also, it is in the best interest of everyone in this industry to have this
situation resolved.

And, I also sent an email to Monte immediately after making the posting letting him know that I mentioned his firm in a thread.
That is the proper business courtesy.

If I was going to speculate, I bet that the new owner will pay for the name
(If he hasn't already).

All of this is based on csite saying that the former owner didn't receive payment. And, could this be a case of seller remorse?

Act Now

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My bad, I interpreted it as meaning a "safe harbour" for domain thiefs - which Moniker is of course not (all my domains are there, or are being transferred there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom