Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Elequa is now Mr dot com !

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OnSpec said:
I believe that he owns NRA.net, not NRA.com. If ever he wanted NRA.us, the extension certainly fits the domain.

You and NRA.us should elope because you are in love with it methinks lol :clown:

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
He thinks global.

.us isn't global.

I knew that some of his "defenders" might say that Ele thinks "globally". I just knew that they gonna rally behind some easy "dawn of the new age" manifesto slogan.

Yeah Nameslave, that all sounds fine and dandy, and is perfect for some mindless press release, but what does that mean exactly in reality, and particularly in this specific case?

So before you say something like that, pauze for a second and try to think what are you really talking about. Because, "globally" speaking - most of the world lives on less than 1 dollar a day. Those people end economies have more precious issues to deal with (like putting something in their stomach, and onto their feet) then using some internet names to do "business". Outside of Europe, Australia, Korea, Japan- the rest of the world is in pure shit.

So what kind of global thinking, Nameslave, is to posess hundreds of random three letter combos in some info. extension? Especially knowing that he will NEVER get any traffic to it, and that he "DOESN'T SELL" his domains anyway - so what kind of "global thinking" is that? I just don't get it? Maybe you can explain it to me? This year we are supposed to get some more extensions, and we will be back @ square one. Before one extension matures, 5 others will be introduced, all designed to take the money out of pockets of bored speculators with disposable income in rich countries.

And so, to ignore the official extension of the richest country in the world, whose economy is more than half of tha "global world," is to ignore the half of the "world globally". So your argument makes no sense at all, because U.S. is not on Mars.

Don't get me wrong, I admire him and his work, I just personally don't understand that particular decision. That's all.

But anyway, people say that artists are often misunderstood.

Or are they?

Wish I could get an answer from the man himself, but that would be too much to ask now would it?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OnSpec said:
I believe that he owns NRA.net, not NRA.com.

If ever he wanted NRA.us, the extension certainly fits the domain.

You are right.

Nra.com is owned by Anything.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cappuccino said:
I knew that some of his "defenders" might say that Ele thinks "globally". I just knew that they gonna rally behind some easy "dawn of the new age" manifesto slogan.

Yeah Nameslave, that all sounds fine and dandy, and is perfect for some mindless press release, but what does that mean exactly in reality, and particularly in this specific case?

So before you say something like that, pauze for a second and try to think what are you really talking about. Because, "globally" speaking - most of the world lives on less than 1 dollar a day. Those people end economies have more precious issues to deal with (like putting something in their stomack, and on their feet) then using some internet names to do "business". Outside of Europe, Australia, Korea, Japan- the rest of the world is in pure shit.

So what kind of global thinking, Nameslave, is to posess hundreds of random three letter combos in some info. extension? Especially knowing that he will NEVER get any traffic to it, and that he "DOESN'T SELL" his domains anyway - so what kind of "global thinking" is that? I just don't get it? Maybe you can explain it to me? This year we are supposed to get some more extensions, and we will be back @ square one. Before one extension matures, 5 others will be introduced, all designed to take the money out of pockets of bored speculators with disposable income in rich countries.

And so, to ignore the official extension of the richest country in the world, whose economy is more than half of tha "global world," is to ignore the half of the "world globally". So your argument makes no sense at all, because U.S. is not on Mars.

Don't get me wrong, I admire him and his work, I just personally don't understand that particular decision. That's all.

But anyway, people say that artists are often misunderstood.

Or are they?

Wish I could get an answer from the "man" himself, but that would be too much to ask now would it?

:)

I'm NameTower.

I think it's quite simple about thinking globally.

US is limited to the fact that its meant for a US business.

INFO isn't.

Yes, if there were only US domains and not com domains then it would be totally different.

However american's like other's have adopted .com as their prefered extension as opposed to the country code's.

And the global tld's dont limit you to us, canada, germany, china etc.

I do see some of your points though, info/biz don't get traffic.

That's all I really have to say.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameTower :)

Sorry Nameslave for bringing up your name in vain :)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is interesting how .info and .biz is seen as globaly is it because more foreigners buy .biz and .info then americans ?? when biz and info are english terms?? and .US not seen as globly ,,whose the global market leader ? US ??

so far .US is the only new extension to have major TV campaigns ,,if they only serve the US market then i guesss thats big enough for them,,,

M

mole

.US is great for geotargeting the States. Just like .INFO is great for information portals and .BIZ is great for B2B sites. I believe el doesn't buy them because of Nexus worries.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Elequa - Great Job on MR.COM - Huge potential - One of the BEST 2 letter .coms - Over 77 Million references to those 2 letters in Google alone. So glad to see you with this addition to your portfolio. Good post Andrew - Steve

odette

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Elequa has more than 30.000 Domains cno und ib Domains.

i think it much much much bigger the list of domains he own. when you add the .us and .tv etc.

mr.com is very nice name
wonder if you start a project or the email

[email protected] is so much value as xxx.xxx :D

by the way congratulation ;)

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steve wrote:

Elequa - Great Job on MR.COM - Huge potential - One of the BEST 2 letter .coms - Over 77 Million references to those 2 letters in Google alone. So glad to see you with this addition to your portfolio. Good post Andrew - Steve
+++++++++++++++++

MR.COM is a very nice name. Still, the word "THE" has zillions of Google references also. Personally, I like his PASSWORD.COM, PARTY.COM, and RESEARCH.COM much better. They have more potential value in commerce, in my opinion.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i like ai.com 2 (ai could stand 4 'artificial intelligence', and that is sooo futuristic and science-brainy sounding :)

i also like ibiza.com. i actually remember going 2 that site a few times back in '98 or was that '97? it had some party photos etc..

+ i like techno.com & party.com & cool.com & password.com

all chic, youthful, fun names..

nice taste that's 4 sure.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another Great article Duke!!! You are all over it again - Steve

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
zouzas said:
congrats to to Mr.COM

wow he has all those .TV names so much for the "only global" argument with .biz and .info unless Tuvala is more global then US
In a certain matter of speaking, .tv isn't a genuine sucessfull "country code" extension.

The .us names are bought because its the country code of the United States.

The .tv names are bought because it represents the television, one of the worlds most powerful products, and an acronym known to almost everyone.

Again these .tv names are not global extension names, but they do have global uses..

Just some more of my input :)

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think .TV would become to be an official extention for television someday(After Tuvalu sunk....)
So he bought all the premium .TV names is a very smart move.

webhostsolutions

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice topic. I talk a lot on msn to him and what i like about him is that he is just a person like you and me. We talk about woman, amsterdam bulldog and daily stuff. If you are succesfull and you have the money to open doors, its hard to stay on the ground with both feet. One good quality besides his domains is that he stays normal and is not showing off. I like him verry much as person and i get the same respect back. And i am just a small person in this big world. I hope my english is not that bad. I just wanna say something else than congrats on your domains.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Elequa is a developer. If you look at his properties they neatly dove-tail each other. To me it looks like he is trying to create a very large portal (a black hole if you will, where not even light can escape -:)...hmmm blackhole.com (elequa??)

In a sense it appears he is trying to recreate the internet into his own vision. Media companies most likely will gravitate towards a dot tv format when the internet becomes seamless with your digital flat screen TV. The .com's and .net's he has seem to drive traffic to places of his choosing. Think about that. The internet is a finite resource. If you sought out to get a "niche" for yourself which names would you go for?? More importantly, what would you do if you had the properties if you had them?? Elequa get's it. That's all I have to say.

btw: All this talk about dot us, .biz and .info is really boring. Isn't this so 2003? Check this: I wouldn't worry about the extension, as much as I would how you plan to market your individual sites to drive traffic to them. It's all about traffic, and whether that traffic is going to your site. Dot .com has a 20 year start on the rest of the field so I wouldn't get to perplexed if someone says your name sucks just because of the extension. Prove them wrong. Be a pioneer, not a sideline show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom