Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Email from investor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotspur

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I got that email too; if you checked the whois that domain is only registered for one year. All I can say is that it could be a domain appraisal scam...

I laughed when I saw the email...dunno why :)

fantse

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He told me to make appraisal in my domain in certifieddomainvalue.com and then to negotiate the price.when i asked him deails about him he told me that is based in switzerland and he is investor.

Sapphiro

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received a similar email 2 years ago, it's a scam. (But just incase 0.001% chance that it might be a real buyer, if your domai name is worth more than 3 figures, go and ask if he's okay with Sedo or Godaddy appraisals. If he insist on his own appraising company then obviously it's a scam.)

hotspur

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm, why not you tell him you are interested in his business domain name and is willing to pay a huge sum but he has to go through your appointed domain appraisers. :)

Tit for tat..

fantse

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exxe he has sent me the same email with your link..so for sure is spam.i told him about sedo and godaddy and he told me that its not trust and he wants company that make appraisals manual

Hotspur i will do it...tit for tat

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appraisals are garbage. Don't care who or where you get them from. Even if free, waste of time and effort. You can use Estibot (which I do) for aggregated stats but NO appraisals are any good when it comes to $ value. Might as well slap an "$XXXX" on it and call it a day.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just received a new version of the appraisal scam. If you get this type of letter, don't bother replying.

-------------
Hello,

We are going to purchase your domain name.

Our company is in hosting and domain name business.

Please email us your desired price in USD or euros for the domain name in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email us your domains with prices.

Looking forward to doing business with you.

Regards,

Jerad Martensen

CEO

Domain Investing Inc
Domain Name Investing & Web Development

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"We are going to purchase your domain name."

I guess English could be their second language, but I doubt someone whose English is that bad or does not have someone to check emails has the money to buy expensive domain names.

Also if they give their real names without a (real) phone number or address, I would lean to scam.

Low-ballers often use similar bulk emails (How much would you sell Shrewd.com for?") but when I get the same email on my obscure doman names (How much would you sell UpperStage.com?), I would guess it's a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom