Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Email offer I received with my response... belongs in humor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

We would like to buy planets.com. Our budget for this name is $200 and would
like to know if this is agreeable with you.

Please let me know and thank you in advance for all your time.

Kind regards,

Zoe LastName

====================================================================
Hi Zoe,

That sounds very reasonabled, I want to buy your house for $150.

Do we have a deal?

Adam Dicker

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Kind regards,

Zoe LastName

Hi Zoe,

Do we have a deal?

Adam Dicker

WOW, These guys are brain dead!!!

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would be even funnier if he replied to the offer accepting the $150 for his house.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Must be a domainer.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Kind regards,

Zoe LastName

Hi Zoe,

Do we have a deal?

Adam Dicker

Nice.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have recieved tons of loball offers. Granted none of my names are quite near as powerful as planets.com, I dont wish to give them away.

But as I said in another post sometime back, a responce is warranted. (but that oner above is in par with the offer, and funny)

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL! Adam, you have succeeded in getting an out-loud laugh from me. Good job. I'd buy you a drink for this if you had shown this to me in person. And yes, consider this offer to be raincheck-valid should we ever cross paths in real life.

At first, I had only briskly scanned the initial email and didn't notice the domain name, thinking to myself it might have been a tad unwise to brush off an offer, since you might be able to get more out of them by entertaining what might have been a low offer.

Then, I noticed a domain which is clearly worth real "house money". This is where the howling began.

Not a chance that this person would pay what this name is really worth. Therefore, this inquiry is nothing more than an object of humour with no purpose besides that of the amusement of its recipient.

I'll keep this response in mind, though I don't expect to own a domain of this caliber any time soon.

Think she'll have the nerve to construe "that sounds very reasonable" as an acceptance of her offer? :smilewinkgrin:

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I'm not sure that was the best response. I have a nice house in Detroit for you....

Could well be the legendary $1 house of Detroit: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/19/1-detroit-house-sells-aft_n_119862.html

If that's the case, she's just landed herself a 150x profit. She should get into domaining if she likes the idea of making such profits on the regular.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know, the shotgun approach for lowball offers could work really well at SnapNames. They don't really give you the option to decline offers. Either you ignore them, or you respond with $100,000,000. With people like me who always like to respond with $100 million, there's the danger that I might forget 6 or 7 zeros; so the spammer domainer could get really lucky. BUT ... they could also accidentally click "Accept" on my offer. So it's like a game of chicken. And I think the odds are in my favor: If I screw up, I lose an $XXXX domain for $20. But if THEY screw up? I get ...

$100 million!

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know, the shotgun approach for lowball offers could work really well at SnapNames. They don't really give you the option to decline offers. Either you ignore them, or you respond with $100,000,000. With people like me who always like to respond with $100 million, there's the danger that I might forget 6 or 7 zeros; so the spammer domainer could get really lucky. BUT ... they could also accidentally click "Accept" on my offer. So it's like a game of chicken. And I think the odds are in my favor: If I screw up, I lose an $XXXX domain for $20. But if THEY screw up? I get ...

$100 million!

I've seen roulette wheels and keno lottery tickets with better odds than that!

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

$100 million!

i would think their odds are better. even if they accidently clicked accept - i doubt you would see any money. not a lot of people have $100 million sitting around, lol

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would think their odds are better. even if they accidently clicked accept - i doubt you would see any money. not a lot of people have $100 million sitting around, lol

Adam should have read the email after a full bottle of rum.. and in a good mood to click accept..

KING

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some one sent me an email asking me if I wanted to sell my website for 10 times monthly Profit.

Not sure where these guys come from!

Hey man if you don't like my offer just say NO! JK ;)
Valid for 15 min!

Self distruct in 5!

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Adam Dicker : stop showing off I didn't even get a low ball in last 6months. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom