Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Emails from NameDrive to Buy Portfolios

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did anybody else get random spam emails from NameDrive, specifically from their Director of Sales? At first I thought it was because I was a member (with 0 domains parked).

Then I noticed another one of my emails got the same exact spam mail a few weeks later.

Anybody else receive these emails? I respect NameDrive to the fullest, but this is a bit of a concern for me.

Ervin

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I never get this kind of email from NameDrive

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ervin for your response. Anybody else?

The email is titled "your domain portfolio". Body message of email is:

Hi Matt

I hope that this email finds you well.

If you're interested I would like to speak with you about you domain portfolio.

Thanks in advance

--
Simon Pupo

Director of Sales, International
NameDrive LLC http://www.namedrive.com

I'd like NameDrive to maybe address this? This was no hand selected email. I have a suspicion it is spam. All my Bodis parked domains with shell emails got this email from Simon, no others.

Not accusing or pointing fingers, but some clarification straight from Namedrive team would be nice, as it is a very weird coincidence if one.

One of these emails I NEVER used anywhere except WHOIS. So it is in no newsletters, subscriptions, or anything like that.

Ervin

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can contact with Simon from his LinkedIn profile, press "Contact Simon Pupo" and verify with him.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No email here.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've spoken to Simon when I first got the email. I told him I had no portfolio and I was Bodis owner. He just greeted me and said that we should meet up one day at a conference. Nothing wrong there.

But then, a few weeks later I check my other email accounts, which are on the WHOIS of Bodis domains, and they all got the same spam email!

Today I saw another parking company SUPPOSEDLY do it to another competitor ACCORDING to a member. I have no confirmation there, but this lit up a light bulb with my situation - that NameDrive was perhaps targetting Bodis domains via SPAM because they thought our members could have been an easy switch or sale to their parking service. I confronted Simon with no response so far. I would take this privately first but I didn't get a response so forum is my next best option.

Anyway, I am not accusing NameDrive. But, it is a very odd coincidence, and I would like some clarification straight on this forum.

I am not a fan of spam. And ofcoarse, I do not like it when all Bodis resolving domains get emails from my competitor. It is very uncomfortable...The thought is uncomfortable...

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got this in March:
Special Design Services,

Just wanted to have a quick chat about your portfolio, if you are interested.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ash Rahimi
Chief Business Development Officer
NameDrive LLC
http://www.namedrive.com
Email: [email protected]

"DISCLAIMER: This message has been sent from NameDrive LLC and is intended solely for use of the recipient(s) as named above. This email message, accompanying documents, attachments and files thereof, contain legally privileged and/or confidential information that is only for use by the intended recipient(s) as being the addressee(s) to this email. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding, or other use of the message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received a message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and please delete it from your computer."
It's clearly automated. Neither me nor my partner go by that name of 'Special Design Services' ;)

Back in 2007 I received this to an E-mail address used for domains at Moniker ONLY:
Hi Bruce,

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of some new offers at NameDrive which I know will be of interest to you.

We're giving new sign-ups in the month of April a $100 bonus. Not only that, we're even giving our existing loyal customers a bonus of up to $300 as well!

All you have to do is earn $50 more with NameDrive than you did in March and we will match your increase in earnings with a bonus of up to $100. If you are a new client, we match your first $100 in earnings.

To find out more about this great offer, just follow this link and read on.
ND Spring Bonus

We look forward to being your parking partner of choice this Spring!

Also be sure to check out these new FREE services offered by NameDrive

Broker Select - Free Domain Brokerage Services

Park & Sell - Sell your domains for up to 96 months of revenue

Building Blocks - Great Domains deserve special attention. Develop yours now!

ND Corporate - If you manage thousands of domains and clients, you need this.
Mister Blogs - Stay informed. Read Mr.Blogs.

Best regards,

--
Simon Pupo

NameDrive LLC
http://www.namedrive.com
Email: [email protected]

Take advantage of NameDrive's Spring Bonus!
Up to $300 bonus for existing customers
$100 bonus for new customers
One sale on BrokerSelect at just 3% commission

Offer expires April 30th 2007, so get in now!
Find out more on
http://www.namedrive.com/spring_bonus.php?lang=e
I was already a member of ND so I didn't appear as spam to me.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kate, but you are a member of Bodis.com and in March you had at least 1 domain pointing to Bodis nameservers.

You see what I am saying?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm I would say it's just because we hold a portfolio of parked domains.
As stated above they also used the whois for domains at Moniker.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey ShytKicker,

I believe Simon has cleared this up with you in person and things seem to have been resolved. I can guarantee you that it was a genuine offer for portfolio brokerage, was sent in person by Simon and was in no way targeted just as Bodis customers.

Ed

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no email here,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom