Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

ENAME.com Beware

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will make this story as short as possible.

I sold 2 domains to a member here from China
Both names at Godaddy and request to transfer out to Ename.com was made
Both transfers worked perfectly
Now ename is saying if the new owners in which whos account are both names at ename cannot prove transfer was "legal" he has no access to them
This is BS and the first I ever heard of this
They ename wanted me the seller to send ID to them to confirm I was who I said I was and prove legal transfer
First there is NO WAY I send ID to ename and secondly after speaking many times with GD there is nothing they can do. Apparently ename is one of the worst rar's to work with rar to rar.
I tried everything I could yet they demand info either I will not give or recommend anyone does or info no other rar would ever provide.

Bottom line I feel horrible for the new owner and hope he fights them hard but bottom line I will never agree to transfer a name to ename ever that I sell.

Beware guys and gals, it seems funny you can be the losing account and cc godaddy/transfers and the new owner along with ename and tell them that it was legit yet they push for ID, no way!

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

steven962000

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of....

I was refused to hand-register 3 domains at a different registrar and they said I needed Government Issued ID. I lost out on registering these domains.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was curious if this is a common practice with ename or not. I have NEVER seen this before. Ironically if their desire for proof was to protect the losing account (me at Godaddy) its funny how even when I send them an email from that account along with the new owner and godaddy they refuse to believe it. Furthermore this cannot be a common practice, imagine all of the domains each day needed verification they are transferred in "legally", total BS!

I would go as far as saying they do this in hopes of keeping it for themselves, ICANN could be contacted but wow what a process to fight for what is rightfully yours at your own rar!

Little update, it appears as though they may auto release them after 6 months, time will tell.

Still, wow.

sanrb1974

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does this really happen? I am new to DN salling/buying business and I am taken aback to know this. 'ENAME' is that so? I and most other newbies must beware of this incident. Thanks for this input. We (newbies here) are most thankful to u. Rgds.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a few issues with ename recently, sold a few domains and the buyer wanted to transfer them to ename, but transfers were rejected! Auth code was correct, but after email confirmation instead of approval it sent a denial email, weird stuff, never happened before. Anyone knows if that's common and why would that happen?
Ename is the biggest registrar in china and everyone there uses it as far as I know, so this is strange.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for heads up, the ename has come up lately and I will stay clear, simple you want the domain bad enough, open an account where the domain is now.

Thanks again Josh

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes for odd reasoning's ename is requesting proof of legal transfers, odd because the guy they want to protect the seller from other rars is saying yes it was legal but they insist on your ID, not going to happen. It sucks for their customer obviously because while the transfer can take place still and appears in their account they have no control over it.

Not sure if this is totally random or what but from where I stand I will never agree to transfer a name there ever again.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is totally random or what but from where I stand I will never agree to transfer a name there ever again.
But what choice do you have? Chinese buyers who don't speak english very well, or at all, will not trust non chinese registrars and would always want to transfer it ename before releasing funds.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do have a choice, that choice is simply not to sell to a buyer who wants to use ename or have something in writing warning them of the possible hold at ename they may incur and I will not share any info with them.

I hate to think that a buyer pays me then feels I did nto do enough to help them but there is no way I or anyone should send info to a Chinese rar. An email, call etc fine but ID, Photo, no way jose.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom