Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

End of year complaints about buying names at DNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He seems real interested in this great name.
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=199559

A $570+ profit for a day old regfee name seems like a deal to me. That is unless a sale wouldn't actually make anyone any money between the two of you.

This one aswell.
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=199175

Should have just left the scheme to just one name the insurance one gave it away. I was actually going to let it go until I saw that. Sorry he suckered you into his dirty business dealings aswell. But you can't say I didn't warn ya.

Thanks for bringing this to light. I bit odd that one friend would be referring to another so formally in the sales thread.
Maybe Shadow just thinks of himself as a shill bidder for the whole forum? Maybe that's why he didn't pay Maroulis?:lol:

Domain Days 2024

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trader...it would be a shame to lose you.....
I also have been predominantly a buyer here but I have never been a "traffic" buyer. I usually buy because I like the potential of a name. That's just me.
I point most of my names to sites that I own with an emphasis to selling to end-users.

I will put myself in the ignorant class...I don't understand traffic and don't buy/sell based on it. I always make it clear to "assume no traffic" when I have a name for sale, as I feel it is better to state that if I am not clear on my traffic/clicks, than to make false claims.

I loathe the feeding frenzy mentality that occurs when someone errs in what they post, but I understand that many times it is meant to mislead, and I do appreciate more experienced members pointing out "unlikely's" for those of us a little less enlightened.

As far as pricing goes...No matter how much I would like to get or how little the buyer wants to pay....the market will ALWAYS determine value.

(My New Years peeve......people who can't be bothered to put Registrars and expiries...don't get me going...lol)

I sincerely wish all a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

Jim

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The value is within the beholder whether its $1 or $1,000,000,what is the value of any domain ? i yet to work it out !

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once again I should say if you are buying a name based on traffic stats (even if not marketed as a traffic name) you should realize that Visits and Uniques can be much different vs Ad Impressions as defined by the ppc firm.

With several recent buys here I totally forgot the difference can really be amazing due to the ongoing bot traffic many domains get, which can sometimes be as high as 90% or even more. Some domains/sites get far less bots as a percentage, perhaps 90% or more being legit. It depends on the domain/site.

For example, let us assume a seller say's his domain or website gets 250-month visits. If accurate it may consist of 200-uniques and only 20/mo which you could make money on since there were 180 non-human visits and 50 non-uniques.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not much can be complained about in this competitive marketplace such as an open forum. You need to expect sales tactics when your the "mark". There's far too much money to make to ignore it. I don't shill bid, I don't tag team with others either to make a crap genre look hyped. But I see it often, and most often here at dnf than anywhere else. Sometimes its too obvious when buds create interest with questions which arouse others with the results in sales threads and public interest threads. As a defence to the forum in general, we are aloud to talk about it just like we are in this thread. I've seen my own posts deleted about 7 or so times in 2006 with issues of the forum in my comments but I live with it for now. I'm too busy to give a crap sometimes.

I wouldnt stop using the forum over any of these issues, theres bigger fish to fry than what appears to piss you and others off. Stick around and make a difference.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom