Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

enom and namejet stole my domain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Schoon

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At july 27th I bought a LLL.info domain on a forum from a well respected member.
It was registered at eNom, which I thought was a respectable registrar.

At august 8th, I received an email from eNom that the domain was removed from my account because the domain was auctioned in MAY at namejet, and the buyer back thn placed a chargeback.
Namejet started an auction for the domain at august 6th, 2 days before they sent me that email.

I'm at least three owners further, and they simply took it from my eNom account. I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH NAMEJET, IN FACT, I NEVER BOUGHT A DOMAIN WITH THEM!

These crooks stole my domain name without warning, without contacting me or authorities about this matter, they simply stole it from me, because someone didnt pay for it MONTHS and OWNERS ago.

I contacted them about this matter, they simply answered with 'try to get a refund from the person you bought it from' and refuse to pay me for the domain they took from my account.

I'd stronly advise not to deal with these companies!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say, but nobody "stole" your domain.. You purchased a stolen domain and Enom did just what they were supposed to, which was repossess a domain that was never paid for. Enom was also hit with a chargeback fee, which they need to recoup.

Your issue is with the person that sold it to you, I'd follow Enom's suggestion and go after the seller.

Overall, Enom is a good Registrar.

Tim Schoon

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no the point is the domain was sold months ago, they didnt do anything for months..

You have a bike you sell to someone, he pays cash.
three months later he breaks into your place and steals that amount of cash back. You think HEY THAT WAS MY MONEY so you go find the bike, that belongs to someone else now, and steal it back. thats what happened.

Because the buyer at namejet placed a chargeback, months later, NameJet should solve this issue with HIM, not me. The domain wasnt stolen when it was sold, as the buyer just recently placed a chargeback according to namejet.

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have a bike you sell to someone, he pays cash.
three months later he breaks into your place and steals that amount of cash back. You think HEY THAT WAS MY MONEY so you go find the bike, that belongs to someone else now, and steal it back. thats what happened.

Good analogy. I think you are in the right here. When you bought the domain it's technically impossible for you to know that the previous owner would place a chargeback on the domain he won in the namejet auction.

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
get over it, risk ofr biz

Tim Schoon

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
get over it, risk ofr biz

I don't really care about the domain, but the way they treat me here.
I think its injust, and they damaged my reputation as I auctioned the domain off at sedo, and wasnt able to complete the deal as they took it from my account.

This is just a filthy way of doing business and I think they broke the law here.

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mail lauri cricket

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moved all my domains from Enom years ago. There is no registrar for domainers without any issues though. None.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it was within a 90 day period, and a chargeback occurred, then sorry....maybe you got screwed by that "well respected" person on that other forum who sold it to you.

they could be doing this on the regular or just one-time incident.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So i think the moral of the story is if you deal with enom you can issues with domains because of namejet auctions. Simply transfer your names out of enom so they can't be pulled out of your account without warning.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At july 27th I bought a LLL.info domain on a forum from a well respected member.
It was registered at eNom, which I thought was a respectable registrar.

At august 8th, I received an email from eNom that the domain was removed from my account because the domain was auctioned in MAY at namejet, and the buyer back thn placed a chargeback.
Namejet started an auction for the domain at august 6th, 2 days before they sent me that email.

I'm at least three owners further, and they simply took it from my eNom account. I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH NAMEJET, IN FACT, I NEVER BOUGHT A DOMAIN WITH THEM!

These crooks stole my domain name without warning, without contacting me or authorities about this matter, they simply stole it from me, because someone didnt pay for it MONTHS and OWNERS ago.

I contacted them about this matter, they simply answered with 'try to get a refund from the person you bought it from' and refuse to pay me for the domain they took from my account.

I'd stronly advise not to deal with these companies!
Quite a scenario of events.

Obviously, the same person defrauded you and others.

My experiences (and I am sure that of many more) is the registrars are going to win.

Again, another reason to name and shame these people.

Even if they are a member of another forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom