Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom Big Time Screw Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So Enom has a screwy shopping cart and a domain was registered in my name and wasn't in my account despite having my whois information so I kindly asked support to please fix. This has happened in the past and has been quickly fixed by the support staff.

So Miss Denise Parkhurst says she's referring it to the enom support. I mean how hard is it to put it in my account.

So I whois the domain today and it's at REGISTER.COM!!!!

Those *astards dropped my domain and someone else got it!!!

This is not fair at all.
They should be held fully liable.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive had that problem a number of times too (registered domains that they did not put in my account until I wrote them) and I also lost a domain I wanted once. The WhoIs showed my name - they did not put it in my account and a day or two after I wrote to them about it, the WhoIs info changed and the name went to someone in Europe who was an Enom reseller. Definitely sucks and they would do nothing about it.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding.

I am still ticked off about it. I expect to be fully compenstated and I'm talking more than $6.95. I was going to develop this site for my business (all other extensions are taken). Someone should be held responsible for this. I've kept very good records so come first of the week if they do not provide me with an acceptible solution I will consider taking some type of legal action (if at all possible).

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would take this as far as possible also Clem... it will make them not be so careless in the future.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have this problem before. (twice)
But luckily the domain was then put in my account after I contacted support.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.... that's nothing...i had registered a domain , it was in my account ...enom whois showed the correct registrant info ... i try to sell it ...and WOW ,evenso it was in my account,it was regged a long time ago by someone else....taking about bad ... that is bad , just like trying to sell the Brooklyn bridge again..and it took 2 weeks for enom to refund the money...

samscripts

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
Well at least i'm not alone in this....

definately not...

I had something like this happen the other day - registered 6 domains at once, 4 of them went ok, 2 came (on the enom order confirmation email) as failed due to unavailble (and enom didn't charge me for them). Checked them out on the whois and they were reg'd to me???

emailed support then after a day or so they got moved to my account, and I got charged for them, so all ok... this time.

Did you get a copy of the whois with your name on it? I always do this now as soon as I can if I reg with enom. also, did they charge you for the reg?

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this has to do with their billing system ("enom points").

While I haven't had the problem on hand-regged domains, I've been using club drop more since the fee went away and a couple times a week it will send an email saying it couldn't give me a domain because there wasn't enough money in my account, when in reality there is more than enough money in the account.

Usually the registration goes through the next day.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
None of this is comforting news! I've been seriously thinking about buying an Enom reseller account. (Not to have anyone else use it to register names; it would be for my use alone!) Now I'm concerned. I want to consolidate all my names in one place and get away from DomainDiscover, Dotster, Moniker, GoDaddy, etc. Each one has flaws, glitches, or is poorly designed in one or more of its utilities. I had high hopes that Enom might be the one. (Have a few names parked there already but have never really availed myself of ALL of the features!) Not a happy camper right now! Why don't we--as domain name brokers and resellers, site designers and developers, etc.--get together and pool our funds to build the PERFECT registrar!? We know so much about what's wrong and what's right, what's needed and what's not, that we could probably come up with a KILLER site! Just a wild idea. Probably wouldn't work; too many unbridled, young egos we would have to work with.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay here's what enom's responce was....

"After contacting the registry we have found that the registration was not completely successful and the registry has returned the domain to its rightful owner at Register.com. Your order has been refunded."

Is this a cop out or what?

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well by looking at a zone for .biz from 12/11 I see the domain listed and having the following nameservers....

XXXXXXX IN NS DNS37.REGISTER.COM. IN NS DNS38.REGISTER.COM.

And actually the domain indeed was dropped on 18-Jan-2004 verified by Exody's files. So the domain was free to be registered by myself well up to the march date that I attempted such.

Now if I can verify an expiration date.....

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
XXXXXXX.biz,REGISTER.COM,:pendingDelete,2004-01-17,2001-11-19,2004-11-18,
DNS05.GPN.REGISTER.COM
DNS04.GPN.REGISTER.COM,
DNS03.GPN.REGISTER.COM,
DNS02.GPN.REGISTER.COM,
DNS01.GPN.REGISTER.COM

Yup here we go.
This domain was MINE fair and square!!

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A registrar for the people BY the people.

Sounds like what some banks have done. :-D

But I agree with Wm. M that it most likely wouldn't be doable, doesn't seem to be a lot of interest around here for group projects.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well enom has done pretty well at being king of the reseller or little guy with good pricing (if you were lucky to get in on this with a 6.95 account 1-2 yrs ago). Fabulous would be good if they had cheaper prices and supported other extensions.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom response #2.
After I gave them evidence.

Unfortunately, this domain has been returned to Register.com. It is possible there was some kind of mistake or dispute that caused this to happen. We will not be able to get this domain back for you.

How do I proceed now?

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously they are either....

1) At fault and making up bullcrap to cover themselves

OR

2) Allowing other registrars to just take our domains without any investigation or evidence thereof.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the domain is important to you I would consult your Lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom