Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Enom club drop mini bid increased to $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Strange that we have such different results with the same vendor. I dunno.

TopNames.com said:
Enom adds 15 minutes when a new bid is made, so you can't snipe. I was stuck in an auction for almost 3 hours once.

I know, but in the beginning, you could snipe. There was about 3 weeks in the beginning where you could snipe at the last second; and ...boom... whoever guessed the higher bid won.

-Wesley

Domain Days 2024

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
puravida said:
Strange that we have such different results with the same vendor. I dunno.

I know, but in the beginning, you could snipe. There was about 3 weeks in the beginning where you could snipe at the last second; and ...boom... whoever guessed the higher bid won.

I get stuck in the last minute back-and-forth a lot too, unfortunately. I get that at pool a lot too. Based on bidding strategy, I would say that over half the time it goes on and on; I'm bidding against Ultsearch. >:|

-Wesley

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
I am not defending their actions.
But, why else would they be in the business.
But, to make the maximum profit.
And, to maximize their return on investment.

A registrar who wants to be a "get in and get out" type of operation has no business being MY registrar. A registrar should be service oriented . . . . the bottom line being that this will make them more money over the long haul by increasing customer rentention and domain renewals.

We're talking about registrars that set up shop and could care less who owns the domains and could care less about supporting you. Some of these registrars don't even speak English or have an English version of their websites . . . . or even accept credit cards. This is not what ICANN has given them the authority and PRIVILEDGE of being a registrar for. . . .
IMHO

Sure making money and squeezing as much as you can at the cost of your customer base is all fine and good . . . if you have no long term strategy.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
strongvis said:
Sure making money and squeezing as much as you can at the cost of your customer base is all fine and good . . . if you have no long term strategy.

Well spoken, strongvis. My thoughts exactly.

I would've posted but didn't feel like writing as much as you had to ;)

-Wesley

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They aren't squeezing money, they are changing their business strategy to stay competive for their customers. If they don't have registrars to work with, they will be just as effective as GoDaddy.

sacX

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
most of the domains I've been buying probably aren't worth the 16.95, back to manual registration perhaps :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom