Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom.com changed today - Slow as S--T

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have just left a support ticket with eNom.com complaining about their new ( as of today ) registration / billing method. I cannot live with it - period.

Names that I captured early this morning are still not registered.

All the names are available through any other registrar - right now.

One name has been taken by somebody else, because the 'instant' registration is gone.

This really sux.

quack :angry:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where are you seeing information about a new method. I'm not seeing anything on their site about it. Is theer actually some new policy or have they just left names stuck in processing (which I have had them do off and on ever since I've been there).

If they ahve actually changed the way they register domains causing a delay on all of them then all Enom scripts would have just become worthless.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for the first time today, I noticed a delay (processing registration) for about 40 minutes. During that period, the name was open to registration elsewhere!

This in the past lasted for a max of 30 seconds until it said registration completed!
So Yes, apparently somthing has changed.
Probably a bug?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It had better be temporary or they will be out of business in about 40 minutes!

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Where are you seeing information about a new method. I'm not seeing anything on their site about it. Is theer actually some new policy or have they just left names stuck in processing (which I have had them do off and on ever since I've been there).

If they ahve actually changed the way they register domains causing a delay on all of them then all Enom scripts would have just become worthless.

Duke, I don't see anything in writing about a new process. just the delay... The killing delay.

I will post my answer from enom.com, when I receive it.

quack :angry:

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is the reply from enom.com tech support...

I'm very sorry for the trouble you experienced. We did have a connection with the Registries, but all should be back within an hour. I'm very sorry for your patience. (???)

quack :huh:

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeh a name I just registered isn't showing up and there wasnt' even a record of the transaction so I had to hit back like 50 times to figure out where it was. I still have a domain that wasn't renewed last night when I prompted the system to do so.

Maybe someone is pounding their system with scripts trying to register .INFO names and this is causing a delay whether intentional or not.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually the renewal ended up going through a lot later and since I repeated the action since nothing happened it expires in 2005 now.... :goofy:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whatever the reason is, it is unacceptable.
Let them get faster servers/more bandwidth!

I registered a domain, and I had to wait 40 minutes while it was available elsewhere!?
What kind of s**t is that?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domainduck
Here is the reply from enom.com tech support...

I'm very sorry for the trouble you experienced. We did have a connection with the Registries, but all should be back within an hour. I'm very sorry for your patience. (???)

Don't they have any one in Enom tech support who speaks English? :-D

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it just my imaginatyion, or is eNom having a huge number of problems lately? Website inaccessible, scripts not functional, non-gramatical nonsense customer service, etc.

Also, they are the host who transferred Secretary.com out TWO TIMES without the registrants's permission.

I worry about their long term future.

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe they have put a great deal of stress on their infrastructure due to a bulk spam mailing regarding their new hosting service that was initiated today. I think this email was probably sent to every known email address on Earth. Maybe the planet Mars too.

I'm not sure whether Register.com has purchased these guys (yet), but their recent behavior appears to confirm the purchase.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. I don't know if it is growing pains. Their registration numbers
have been going up daily.
http://www.dailychanges.com/

2. Maybe, their equipment is max'd out.

3. Maybe, they lost some (or all) of their technical staff.

4. Maybe, they are trying to outsource some of the system and it
not working out.

5. Maybe, the scripts are crashing the system.

6. Maybe, they are cutting back to increase profit so they can sell the business.

7. Or, maybe, they are not keeping an eye on the business.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Either way I hope things stay stable b/c I like my $6.95 pricing structure and have been in the process of moving all my names there as we speak. I think they have a great interface and good documentation but some of the issues lately may just seemingly be a glitching. I wonder if aol banned confirmation emails from them and flagged it at spam.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As of now (check time stamp) and for the last 30 minutes, the enom sites is completely inaccessible!!!

from 2 different ISPs
What gives?

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was about to post just now also. I'm not sure but I have a list of names I need to register.....I could speculate but that does no good.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am really upset about this. This is so unproffessional.
And you know what, many saw it coming.
We first post about how slow its getting. That was the first warning.
Now, it is totally out!
Enom has to wake up, really.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well you have to admit that outages and problems do occur. It would make sense for them to take the site down and try to fix the problems. They obviously have eyes and ears and read this forum quite often. I don't think they will be too slack about the site. I'm not all that ticked cause the site will probably be back up in a few hours tops.....yeh it's back up. :eek:k:

E=MC2

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I set forwarding yesterday for a domain name and it still has not taken effect. enom is usually a couple mins to change. there definitely having serious problems.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They came back online last night and I registed about 15 names without any problems.

.COM/.NET/.US all without a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom