Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

eNom does pop-ups with its URL forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

timechange said:
mole, if a domain has good traffic you surely don't depend on Enom's frame forwarding or DNS.

What is good traffic to me is 1 type-in a day, time :-D But the domain is a really solid name and with adwords generates (which I pay 5c per click) a steady stream of traffic. Just hate the thought that someone is freeloading on the traffic I am paying $1 per 20 clicks for.

Enom support just replied:-

Hello _______,

What is your login id and I will have them removed.

Thanks,

May
Technical Support & Services
www.enom.com/help
ICANN Accredited Registrar

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It appears that most of me eNom redirected domains have popups but only on my main computer.
No pupups on my wife's computer, no popups on my back up computer.

But on my main computer (where most of the development occurs and thus these sites get reloaded multiple times), there are definitely popups.

Any other eNom vicitms out there?

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to ENOM support on the phone and they will turn off the pop-ups/pop-unders if you request it...which I did.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this Mole - We have thousands of accounts there and do not need the complaints from our clients - Appreciate the tip Ken - Just ordered it turned off on every account - Hope that works? Thanks again - Steve

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TopNames.com said:
I just spoke to ENOM support on the phone and they will turn off the pop-ups/pop-unders if you request it...which I did.

You mean if I don't want the pop-ups show up with my domains which using their forwarding service, that I need to request enom to turn off ? On the domains basis or account basis?

thanks

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yesonline said:
You mean if I don't want the pop-ups show up with my domains which using their forwarding service, that I need to request enom to turn off ? On the domains basis or account basis?

thanks

It's an account based setting.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is ENOM's response -

Hi Steve - Thank you for contacting us regarding this. Recently we have added advertising to support our free URL redirection service. We regret any confusion or inconvenience that this may have caused. The pop-ups will be completely disabled within 48 hours.

Kim
eNom, Inc.
ICANN Accredited Registrar
Home: http://www.enom.com
Support: http://www.enom.com/help

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I basically got the same email, but mine said 72 hours.

What would happen if Goggle cancelled the account of someone because of an ENOM popup and the account was making 5K+ a month...would ENOM be liable?

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ken - after reading this link as above - http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/packet..._2/001559.shtml - it appears that they found Register liable for parking page traffic and revenue? I would think that would work for ENOM as well - Duke is right - for them to roll this out without telling anyone is really a problem. Lets hope they unplug it upon everyone's request? Steve

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
truly disgusting behavior by enom.

i'm shocked whenever i come accross a parked page, example NSI parking or the horrible multi-pop register.com parking nightmare. i doubt people realize that these registrars, after ripping them off with overpriced reg. fees, are making money off their domain(s). it's very silly and while i can't blame the co's for looking for new revenue streams, i'm surprised how many people seem to register domains and them forget about them (for years in some cases) and let the registrars treat them as their own.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just notified Enom to confirm that the pop ups are turned off on
my different reseller accts.

And, I gave them a list of acct names.

Plus, I requested that they confirm that they did it.

Lets see how long it takes for them to acknowledge my request.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
It is now confirmed that eNom is gulity of inserting popup ads for URL framed forwarding without due notification to domain owners. As a result, one of my sites got banned by Google.

I would like to publicly state that this is a totally shameful act by eNom and I am preparing to move my domains enbloc next month because eNom has proven untrusthworthy. They may want to ruin their own reputation, but please don't ruin mine. eNom, in typical fashion, will NOT respond to your email. So don't sweat it, time to move.

Where are you gunna move your names to, Mole?
For me it is a toss up between Fabulous and Moniker?
Been meaning to move from enom for ages, however laziness has prevented me so far
This news might actually force me to make a decision
How about you?
Are you considering anywhere else?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Lets see how long it takes for them to acknowledge my request.

I'm impressed. Plus, this is the quickest they have ever acknowledged an email. It only took 10 minutes.

Hello Richard,

I have submitted this request to our developement team for update. As soon as the request is complete, I will let you know via this interface.

Thank you.
Joanne
www.enom.com/help

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom