Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

enom price dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, i hope i'm posting this in the right forum.

I have a domain held at enomcentral.com. Now, the domain is up for renewal. The renewal fee is $34.99.

Does anyone have such dilemma, or is it just me? How can a registrar charge 5 times what other registrar charge.

Are there discount code or promocode I can use to help me with the cost?

If not, what do I do? My domain is expired for a few day, and I still have 3 weeks to renew it.

i wonder if I can transfer the domain to godaddy even though it's expired) and then renew the domain there. I'd rather pay 8 bucks than 35 dollars.

realtimeregister

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the domain has not exired and you are still the owner of the domain then you shouldbe able to transfer the domain to another Registrar.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, i hope i'm posting this in the right forum.

I have a domain held at enomcentral.com. Now, the domain is up for renewal. The renewal fee is $34.99.

Does anyone have such dilemma, or is it just me? How can a registrar charge 5 times what other registrar charge.

Are there discount code or promocode I can use to help me with the cost?

If not, what do I do? My domain is expired for a few day, and I still have 3 weeks to renew it.

i wonder if I can transfer the domain to godaddy even though it's expired) and then renew the domain there. I'd rather pay 8 bucks than 35 dollars.

what you do is get yourself an enom reseller account, either directly from enom or from a trusted member who can set-up a "sub-account" for you at enom.

then you can "push" the domain to that account which will have a lower reg /renewal cost ($7.99 > $9.50) depending on how and who you get the account from.

the other issue with enom reseller accounts is:

you will have to fill it with cash prior to ability to renew/reg ( minimum $100)

or send check directly to enom

or pay with paypal ( minimum $100)

or via wire or c card

as a enom reseller you can also set up a "retail" account under you and register domains without preloading cash.

imo...

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
transfer it out or sell it - thats what i did when i noticed their renewal fee's... ouch!

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am losing enthusiasm for Enom. They dont step up enough when you ask them for help. Godaddy helps me a lot so I am a big fan of godaddy.

Plus, if you buy or sell, a lot of the time the other guy has a godaddy account, so its a quick push. Stick with godaddy.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for your advice and your sharing of experience.

My domain already expired. I wish the guy who sold me the domain, a fellow member of this forum, had told me of the possible issue and advised me the best way to proceed. All I knew is I had to create an account to be able to do transfer. And that's what I did. In either case, I'm new, and i'm learning. You guys are great!

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

One last question- if I create a reseller account and assuming I have 100 credit in the account. If i decide to close the account in the future, will i get a refund. Or is there time set contract?

Glamorama

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yep, stay away from enom!

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm now stuck with the same problem thanks for the advice biggy, now they want $77.90 to renew 2 .com's i might just pay it and then transfer them.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I too am moving my domains away from Enom...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
eNom's reseller accounts were great through the years, a matter of choice whether to use them or not. I recommend Fabulous.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom