Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ENOM reseller question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just purchased an ENOM account from someone for $325..It has the BEST pricing structure, the 6.95 and 4.95 structure. $90 was also in the account when I purchased it. I thought ENOM was directly above me on this account. However, when I phoned ENOM told me there is one other person and then a corporation above him. Did I get scammed? What's the difference between being direct ETP with ENOM or through these guys? There are also 4 accounts under me which the seller stated has to stay in order for me to keep this pricing structure?? I'm a newbie here..pardon my questions.

P.S. I can't touch base with the seller any time soon, as they are in Singapore. I have a feeling I may have been scammed?? Maybe not..

Thanks,
Monie8

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are many $6.95 reseller accounts available, some are directly under the ETP (the one that originally got the account from Enom), but many are what might be called sub-accounts, ie someone else is under the ETP and you have an account under them.
Some people are concerned about not being directly under an ETP but there is little real reason to be concerned as long as you obtain it from a reliable source.
If you have 4 accounts under you you stand to make commission from their purchases but you also have a liability for charge-backs so keep an eye on them - that said most resellers look for such sub-accounts under them so that they can earn commission.
The price you paid was average for current market value.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected...the seller did let me know that there was someone above me...a corporation out of Canada. Who the other guy is neither he nor I know?

It makes more sense now..wow...do I have newbie written all over me or what?

Should I contact the people under me to introduce myself, or do you just leave them alone?

I only asked because I turned down 2 other offers for less money on accounts that were directly ETP to ENOM, but these accounts had 0 balance.

Thanks,
Monie8

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
monie8 said:
Should I contact the people under me to introduce myself, or do you just leave them alone?

Purely optional - I don't generally bother my sub-accounts.
monie8 said:
I only asked because I turned down 2 other offers for less money on accounts that were directly ETP to ENOM, but these accounts had 0 balance.

Probably not ETP to Enom but directly under ETP - the important factor is good reg prices - some accounts are cheaper but have extra $$ on some reg fees.

Anomander

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Erm . . . I've a questions to add . . .
Can't the person above you change the prices on whim?
It's what's stopped me buying a subaccount . . . am I just paranoid?

Thanks.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi There,

I just want to let everyone know that the guy who I bought this from is really nice..He has been getting back to me with all my questions. Due to the time change and my being a newbie there was some confusion. All straightened out now!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
There are many $6.95 reseller accounts available, some are directly under the ETP (the one that originally got the account from Enom), but many are what might be called sub-accounts, .
Directly under the etp is a sub too.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Annomander said:
. . am I just paranoid?

Probably! :) - there are many reliable resellers out there if you look in the right places and do the right research.

GiantDomains said:
Directly under the etp is a sub too.

Yes anything under the ETP is a sub-account.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Yes anything under the ETP is a sub-account.

I read your post wrong. I thought you were saying the subs directly under the etp were not subs ... my fault :)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two Mods just fingers poised on the keyboard ready to help the newbies - don't you just love it here :-D

M

mole

I've been a basic eNom ETP $8.95 for about 2 years now and I still can't figure out all this reseller stuff. Much better than paying the $29 bucks I guess :)

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont think you can get a direct etp reseller account in the market. the only way to get direct etp is through enom.

all others 6.95 are at least under a etp.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
monie8 said:

If you change your contact info on your reseller account, then your sub-accounts will begin to get renewal notices / system messages "from" you instead of the previous owner of the account. For this reason, you may want to send quick note so that they are aware these are legitimate messages. However, as the others pointed out, the less said the better. If they find out they can invest a small amount and get their own account, they may move out -- leaving you without any residual commissions.

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm surprised at just how much I have learned from these boards. Beats all the courses I took in college (grin)

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Annomander said:
Erm . . . I've a questions to add . . .
Can't the person above you change the prices on whim?
It's what's stopped me buying a subaccount . . . am I just paranoid?

Thanks.

I have no confirmation of this, but somewhere saw posted that as long as your reseller account has another active reseller account under it, the level above you cannot raise the price. Anyone have proof or verification of this?

For most it would be counterproductive to raise prices, as the sub might leave.

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I've got a 6.95 enom reseller account, and my ETP is even on this forum
:cheeky: - I am verry happy with it-
The problem is: I am planning to make a living - selling domains- and I was wondering if it could be possible to become ETP in the future, keeping all the current domains, or transferring them without any intervention from my clients at all...
What do you think?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom