Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ENom <<>> Sipence Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apparently eNom has closed the door for pushes between itself and sipence. Also I just tried to reg a few domains at sipence and found my price had been adjusted to $29.

One problem here is that I have been moving my soon to expire domains into sipence and renewing them with my cash back credit card. Fortunately, I didn't try pushing from eNom to sipence today.

I'm wondering if they let the push away from eNom happen, you would be trapped at sipence. You couldn't push back to eNom and your domain would be renewed at your now inflated sipence prices. Either that or you would have to turn off your auto renew and pay a tansfer fee to get back into your eNom account. I only have 5 domains affected, but this could be a real big money hurt for some. Be wary!!: :mad:

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, what a bunch of BS, from $6.95 to $29... doesnt a Member here own Sipence?

Mike

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same my account went from 6.95 to $29.00/yr ..
There home page still show 6.95 price..

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
scorpio said:
Same my account went from 6.95 to $29.00/yr ..
There home page still show 6.95 price..
I can understand why they would deny the push if they're trying to create a 'seperate' registrar. But if they are seperate, they should not discriminate against eNom resellers vis a vis pricing. :veryangry

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would assume they caught hell from their resellers when end customers found they now had free infos at a registrar priced at $6.95, which was the resellers normal cost. It sounds like they've taken partial steps to correct that to the detriment of those who decided to take advantage of it. As a reseller, it's good news, but not so if your're not.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is good news. Sorry your getting juiced like that...just think how all those people on eBay feel who paid $$ for free accounts that just jumped to $29?

Thanks eNom! I was begining to feel like I was in one of those Alfred Hitchcock movies and eNom was GoDaddy.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I cant believe it... even though I am locked out of Club Drop / Auction they are still catching and billing me names from my club drop list :( AT $39 a pop!

Good thing I removed my CC info as soon as I heard of this bs...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Wasn't Sipence that registered something like 900,000 .info domains a few months ago?

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes it was. They ended up being free and then the visibility hit for sipence. They dropped the prices to $6.95 for retail accounts. People enjoyed the low prices and even sold some for $$ to clueless people on eBay (claiming they were 6.95 eNom accounts). Now eNom/Sipence bumped the prices back up to $29 buck-a-roos.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tippy said:
I cant believe it... even though I am locked out of Club Drop / Auction they are still catching and billing me names from my club drop list :( AT $39 a pop!

Good thing I removed my CC info as soon as I heard of this bs...

Who's billing you $39 for club drop, Sipence, or enom?

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
eNom from the looks of it.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont think its possible for enom to bump the price to 29.95.
Maybe sipence, but not enom, at least not a reseller account

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But they are not reseller accounts are they - they are retail and many have been caught out.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sipence is Retail accounts only. If you "don't" know, Sipence is a shell registrar for eNom which gives them more connections to the registry.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yup, thats what it looks like, they changed my Sipence Retail 6.95 to a standard eNom account, with eNom's pricing.

Havnt heard back from eNom support since Dec. 31, I updated my support ticket 3 times since then....

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sipence just released my 5 marooned domains back to my eNom account. So maybe I still love eNom after all. I'll let you know. :-/

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tippy said:
Yup, thats what it looks like, they changed my Sipence Retail 6.95 to a standard eNom account, with eNom's pricing.

Havnt heard back from eNom support since Dec. 31, I updated my support ticket 3 times since then....
I've never seen a registrar guarantee pricing. I'm glad they are not underselling their resellers anymore - perhaps they got complaints.

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
I've never seen a registrar guarantee pricing. I'm glad they are not underselling their resellers anymore - perhaps they got complaints.
Agreed. It was the apparent deception to which I took exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom