Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

EnomCentral won't let me transfer out expired domains ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

htkhoi

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Other registrars like NetworkSolutions, Name.com ...they let me transfer out expired domains (but still in 30 days grace period) .

Today I learned that EnomCentral won't let me do the same. My domain just expired on Jan 28 2012 (3 days ago), today I tried to do registrar unlock and get Auth code but Enom won't let me do that. They force me to renew domain which is so expensive (why pay $39.95 for renewal while you can transfer out to GoDaddy and pay only $8 ?).

If you have domains registered at EnomCentral and don't want to pay too much for renewal, I think you should do transfer out as soon as you can before it expired.

Anyone agree with me ?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
somebody here can probably get you a better pricing enom account (how much you pay depends on the reseller account). Maybe then you could push the name to another enom account and register cheaper.

htkhoi

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My main complain about EnomCentral is not the price. I just wished they let user fully control their expired domains (still in 30 days grace period) - Right now I couldn't PUSH it to another acct either.

martinrussell

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Use "bulk push" for expired domains to any other eNom account

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know of any registrar on the planet that will let you transfer an expired name.

In fact, Godaddy won't let you transfer a name that is NOT expired -- I think it's 60 days before expiration the lock is on.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Expired names are transferable. Some registrars make our lives difficult.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I transfer names out of GD up to 40 days after expiry...regularly.

I don't know of any registrar on the planet that will let you transfer an expired name.

In fact, Godaddy won't let you transfer a name that is NOT expired -- I think it's 60 days before expiration the lock is on.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This must be something VERY new, then. Godaddy tech support explained the "no transfer within 60 days policy" just last year, when all of my transfers failed due to registrar cancellation.

Entropy

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Htkhoi,

You should be paying $9 or $9.50 for renewals, NOT $40.

I can set you up with an eNom Reseller account if you'd like with domains @ cost price only (.com .net .org @ $9.00/yr). Then, as Martin posted above, you should be able to use "bulk push" to transfer your expired domain(s) into your new account and renew it from there.

Cheers,
Entropy

Last edited:

htkhoi

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I contacted Enom support and they told me I need to contact them for unlocking domain and they will send me the Auth code manually. When domain expired and still in 29 days grace period I have to contact customer support for the auth code

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom