Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Enom's VP's Rude Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Andrew,

The policy is not retro-active.
It only applies to resellers setting up reseller sub-accounts. Not retail sub-accounts.
So you can still sell domain names for less, you just can't empower someone else to do it.
None of your concerns are founded.

Matt Stearn
Vice President
eNom, Inc.
16771 NE 80th Street #100
Redmond, WA 98052
425-883-8860 x202
[email protected]
www.enom.com
"An ICANN Accredited Registrar"

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got the same issue with this person during L2. I have asked him why I did not get the auction of a certain domain names knowing that I have the last bid ending date, someone from enom got it after the bidding end date. He gave me unacceptable explanation, which I'm not going to discuss this here. My clients was very disappointed and don't want to do business with enom anymore.
I will understand it if someone from different registrar got the domain.

Well, I told the guy. I might be doing business with enom but will not forget about it.

I hope we have option to vote or raise our concern as resellers, more effective than sending email. Hmmm.... got another idea.

regards to all,
tw.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good point :laugh:

O

owndomains.com

I ever wrote a long email to him about suggestions on PDQ site.

but I got a simple reply, only one sentence:

Thank you for the imput.

:(

anon

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by owndomains.com
I ever wrote a long email to him about suggestions on PDQ site.

but I got a simple reply, only one sentence:

Thank you for the imput.

:(

Just out of interest did he spell it "imput"?

If he did :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have received numerous sales emails from enom, because I register a bunch of names. Everytime I reply to these emails with a question, I am ignored... every single time.

End of story... useless

quack :D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I just emailed them a question yesterday and had a reply back within an hour answering the question and solving a major problem.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domainduck
Well, I guess I'm not special....

I'm not implying that I am special - just relating my experience. Of course my question was about getting a name transferred into my account - which means the quicker they answer the quicker they get the $ from the transfer. Quite possible they answer fast when it makes them money and ignore emails when it doesn't. Of course in the long run it pays to build a reputation on good customer service across the board.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Laurie Krick, Client Relations Manager
Phone: 425-883-8860 x207

This lady has been very helpful on several occasions.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks GregR. I put that number in my Rolodex. I have been quite happy with Enom and am sorry to hear reports from others that they are having problems. All the contact I have had with the company has been met with helpful responses. I'm sure most of the people in management there want to keep customers happy. If you haven't gotten saisfactory responses from that VP, write to the President. I had a big problem with UPS about shipping one time and when none of the supervisors would take care of the problem I wrote directly to the company president in Atlanta (and sent copies of that letter to the supervisors who were not doing their job). Problem solved within 24 hours.

R

rapidtransit

My recent experience with eNom customer service has been good. I've had occasion to speak with or email most of the principal contacts at one time or another. Sometimes I need to rattle their cages a bit, but this is not unusual and I usually find out what I need to know. This is especially in comparison with the fact that you get stonewalled by surprisingly big companies all too often, not to mention the fly-by-nights.

In WhoisSearch's particular case my impression is that he is a reseller-reseller, not an ETP. Am I mistaken? In that case, in traditional commerce, he would not be considered eNom's customer, but rather his upstream provider's.

Many companies would not give a response at all, but (especially since he will personally not be affected in terms of his own domain business) refer him to his upstream provider to answer support and policy questions.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RapidTransit - That is all correct, except that I am a reseller-reseller and they have still been helpful to me, though I really should be looking to my upstream provider for support. That's why I have been very happy with them.

R

rapidtransit

Originally posted by Duke of Earl
RapidTransit - That is all correct, except that I am a reseller-reseller and they have still been helpful to me, though I really should be looking to my upstream provider for support. That's why I have been very happy with them.
Then more power to them, if they are providing support to their entire chain. Many companies won't.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once in a while, everyone has a bad day. Since (1999) I've been in to the Internet business, enom still provide the best value of support. I guess next to my first registry opensrs because I have a close relationship with one of their support that's why.

I say enom still provide the best value in domain business. Though I'm hoping that they will maintain the $8.95 pricing for basic resellers down to $6.95. I have a feeling that they will do something else to this pricing as well. I hope I wrong, we'll see in the next months to come.

Cheer to all domain investors out there and if you are interested to be sub-reseller give me a shout :cool:

Thank you,
tw.

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes i've had the impression that that Stearn is a cheeky fellow.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess most of us still agree that enom still the preferred registry ...

Hey, I'm close to complete the API modules for postnukes. I will inform you guys, ofcourse the modules is free.

Have a nice weekend, need to drink beer tonight ...
tw.

M

mole

When you have hundreds of thousands of customers that pay $8.95 for their domains, what do you expect, a Royal Class airport lounge? Enom rocks, period.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom