Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Epik: An Update & Lifetime Customer

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I decided to transfer all domains into Epik after @robmonster went out of his way to show me the DNS speeds here, which I didn't get on my own tests (perhaps it was user error or a one time instance and never followed up on it). However, they were already on my mind as I am a big proponent of the U.S. Constitution, specifically the 1st Amendment, which they protect by allowing GAB at their registrar while GoDaddy gave them the boot (as well as the 2nd when the 1st fails [project coming live soon on the later]).

Epik already sold me with the support of 1A... but it was the DNS lookup that had me hung on transferring all my domains in and supporting true patriots, that I'm sure in this political climate they have gotten heat over it for. I thought I would need to rely on another service such as DNSMadeEasy, etc. for DNS; so, I was seeking a DNS provider that I could utilize on top of the registrar.

But, oh so how I was wrong. I went over the data he collected. Re-ran my checks. And, they turned out similar that go around. Tested on various days to ensure it wasn't a one time deal too.

It really caught my eye when he stated 1 CDN/POP was in a region I am targeting. But, I was still skeptical of Epik DNS over other paid providers (mind you, others can charge per domain & query, while Epik is free).

Fast-forward to finally changing to Epik DNS...

The DNS lookup from a request made to my server from a nearby location resulted in 12.4ms and a request where the 2nd majority of my audience is was 27.7ms. Quick, right?

Wrong.

I switched to Epik and DNS lookup is now 1.3ms and 1.1ms respectively; my DNS lookup is now quicker than my SSL handshake!

I am simply amazed. I thought for a moment that I may need to balance out my content in another region to be just as snappy. However, that doesn't seem to be the case as of now.

I'll have to track how this impacts my rankings now as my website does respond a lot quicker and site speed is one ranking signal—I'll take anything to get an upper hand on a competitor.

I will use Epik as they support my personal core political values, at least on one spectrum that I know of, and Epik DNS for every site I run with from here on out.

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing I wish is if I could create DNS zones for domains not at Epik—as they are locked for 60 days until I can get them there after winning an auction—because I tend to develop immediately. :)

But, 60 days is nothing... they will get those domains in time too.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, I have not been here for so long, now I am putting things together.

Rob has a way of drawing out talent, congrats @amplify on your staff position.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rob has a way of drawing out talent, congrats @amplify on your staff position.
Thank you :)

It's been a pleasure to be working with his mentorship and leadership, a calling far greater than I ever expected to fall in place.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators