Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Epik buys DNForum.com

Domain summit 2024

Version2

while($awake) { code(); }
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. Look forward to seeing what comes from it.

uswebdev

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"- Improve industry interoperability especially as it relates to pushing domains between users, shared ownership, and payments. Epik will announce some related strategic moves that will make this more clear soon."
Grats. Sounds like an exciting summer is coming... New escrow or payment processor partner? :)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has been cooking for a while. DNF is where it all started for many of us. Good luck to the new management and try to keep the white noise down, we need the forum to be domain-specific and not a magnet of politics/extremism.
I would say that this shouldn't be a problem. But naturally, economics are driven by politics to a great degree and investing is impacted by that. So, I would understand how it would still be mentioned on the forum.

However, if we do have political discussions that are confined to one area, my statement on censorship written on Raymond Hackney's blog will be applicable here. :)
There is very minor censorship in the works, but this will be opt-out for those logged in and choose to view the full opinions expressed by others.
DNForum is being built around community ownership. As such, I believed this fit in perfectly as you'll be owning your own experience on here.

Stay tuned! :)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a good development for domainers but there is the need to put live back in to the forum so that many that have left this forum to come back.
One step at a time.

Such as the great flippening of our style to reflect Epik ownership!

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Love the new forum logo, I hated the old one.

Couple of points of feedback...

1. On my laptop the red looks a bit pinky and not quite the Epik red

2. The powered by Epik part belongs in a tagline at the bottom of the forum and takes away a bit from the logo.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. On my laptop the red looks a bit pinky and not quite the Epik red
Thanks for the feedback here! I'll be sure to pass this on to Design.
2. The powered by Epik part belongs in a tagline at the bottom of the forum and takes away a bit from the logo.
I addressed this in a blog comment reply today. Someone was stating that the "brand" is dead. I don't ever believe DNForum was a brand.

I believe it's always been what we as domain name investors all desire to get every day: An exact match [forum] domain (keyword + forum).

I feel as if DNForum is more of a functioning website on an exact match keyword domain over a brand. Now, the website is merely powered by Epik, the true brand that you trust. I would now equate this to something such as Yahoo! Questions.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has been cooking for a while. DNF is where it all started for many of us. Good luck to the new management and try to keep the white noise down, we need the forum to be domain-specific and not a magnet of politics/extremism.
This is a domain name forum.
If DNForum is "a magnet of politics/extremism", than every forum is.

centreurope.org

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NamePros rules and spam filters are useless !

Today I posted "Epik Acquired Dn Forum" I feel the word "DN Forum" filtered as SPAM ad troubles them. he support team without using their brain (not going through manually on the issue) the acted like a bot and restricted my account 15-30%. If this is the case I will say they are very poor.

I don't want to entertain this kind of monopoly and useless spam fillers forum (namepros). Please spread this instance on web and help others
I quit Namepros about 1 year ago because of the moderation.
The forum has always been weak, no big loss
I used to like DNF, but it was about 10-15 years ago.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

The Epik acquisition of DNForum.com is good news, as i can see there are already more members online.
Hopefully, the forum can once again be a great place to buy and sell domain names.

Wish Rob and Team much success!

imo..

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wish Rob and Team much success!
1625502216447.png

No need to be modest, @Biggie. I had a lot on my plate and the assistance you provided during the transition by helping us not look like a link farm gave me more time to organize and get situated. It did not go unnoticed by me.

THANK YOU TOO! :)

jhm

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Congrats Epik, best of luck

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I did the 2017 logo and I can honestly say it was the best at the time: edgy, clean, and well-proportioned.

The new logo works too, as long as you fix the kerning in 'FORUM'.

Attachments

• dnforum-banner-300x200.png
    dnforum-banner-300x200.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 8

yru

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One concern I have with this "relaunch" if you will is that this site might become bloated and existing user accounts will be forced into all these new features, when many might not want to use them.

I was a little disappointed when I went to edit my user profile and it tried to force me to put in my first and last name, not sure how long that has been there.

Please keep the forum aspect of this site simple, without pushing a bunch of add on services directly on here

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is just the boost this forum needed? Best of luck!

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
was a little disappointed when I went to edit my user profile and it tried to force me to put in my first and last name, not sure how long that has been there.
As a legitimate business I have no issues using my real name. In the end it will differentiate the real customers/clients from the ones just pretending.

Forums like boardroom.com and such have long since required real information. Trouble starts when people hide behind an incognito profile and they think there are no consequences to their actions.

As a businessman I want to deal with real profiles and make sure all parties are held accountable when a deal is made.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As a legitimate business I have no issues using my real name. In the end it will differentiate the real customers/clients from the ones just pretending.

Forums like boardroom.com and such have long since required real information. Trouble starts when people hide behind an incognito profile and they think there are no consequences to their actions.

As a businessman I want to deal with real profiles and make sure all parties are held accountable when a deal is made.
On the other hand, privacy is supposed to be a fundamental right (yeah, an idea which gets seriously lost these days). There isn't necessarily any (inverse) correlation between a desire for privacy and behaving respectably.

Let's be real for a moment: Most consequences to ones action here will be a ban or other sanction which are forum-related. Probably not some legal suing or hitman hiring (that's a joke, but it would support the usefulness of privacy, though).

In the end, what will matter the most is feedback and reputation. Not the "real name".

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators