Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Epik is Done - ICANN Sends Letter of Registrar Breach

Level 4
Reaction score
do you know the identities of the people of all the registrars you're working with?
GoDaddy is a public company, but all the others like Dynadot, Porkbun, etc.?

Yes.

This was posted elsewhere

By an unverified account claiming to be the 'new' Epik. It could be legit but you know... Could be trolling.

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
On the other hand, do you know the identities of the people of all the registrars you're working with?
GoDaddy is a public company, but all the others like Dynadot, Porkbun, etc.?
Yes, it's all public info. Let's take one, Dynadot. You could simply Google - https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=+dynadot+ceo

Todd Han

You could go to their Twitter account - https://twitter.com/Dynadot

all kinds of pictures of him at Namescon

You can go to NP and see the staff - https://www.namepros.com/members/?key=representatives

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Reps that run those companies engage with the domain investor community all the time.

@DomainsGENERAL.com
By "reps", you mean representatives, I assume.
The context was more about owners and management of the companies, which is quite different.

Or maybe I misunderstood. But why would you care about the identity of "reps" or people working at a company?
Also, it is a widely used practice to not use the actual legal names of people at some places.
And many companies just use accounts under the company name, don't they?

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, and you searched that before? Because it was important information for you? (Note: the name of the CEO)
I'm just trying to understand your POV related to your above mention I did quote.

Ok, I didn't account for events like this, which I never attended. Fair point.

I don't really understand the twitter account part, tho. Epik has one too, which will probably be transferred to the new company, or they'll get a new one. So, they'll also have one. I don't see the point there.

As for you NP list, if I look for example at Dynadot, Porkbun or NameSilo, which I use most, no, the main of the activity seems to be done under a company account. And your point doesn't seem to hold much water about the identities of (all) the current "reps".

NameGala

Level 1
Reaction score
Ok, and you searched that before? Because it was important information for you? (Note: the name of the CEO)
I'm just trying to understand your POV related to your above mention I did quote.

Ok, I didn't account for events like this, which I never attended. Fair point.

I don't really understand the twitter account part, tho. Epik has one too, which will probably be transferred to the new company, or they'll get a new one. So, they'll also have one. I don't see the point there.

As for you NP list, if I look for example at Dynadot, Porkbun or NameSilo, which I use most, no, the main of the activity seems to be done under a company account. And your point doesn't seem to hold much water about the identities of (all) the current "reps".
I simply stated the fact we don't know who's behind the new Epik. We don't, not yet. You posted some other registrars where we do know.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
we do know.
We "know" what the companies are themselves saying, aren't we? What information they chose to make public.
I would argue you may have an illusion of "knowing".

Level 4
Reaction score
We "know" what the companies are themselves saying, aren't we? What information they chose to make public.
I would argue you may have an illusion of "knowing".

No. BS. This can be fact checked. Bar some dodgy registrars, like Epik 1.0, 2.0 or whatever they refer to themselves these days

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ICANN posted a blog post about Epik.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom