Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

escrow.com always give me stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don' you think escrow.com should be modified in its system?
They have not changed it since it was first created in my knowlege.
When the seller submitted the transfer the ownership that might be account username and password, there is no protection for the seller. Because sellers give buyers the ownership directly. In case of sedo, sellers submit the ownership to sedo's staff. This way is absolutely safe so I feel very safe.
But whenever I use escrow.com I am very nervous because there are no reaction from not only buyers and escrow.com
So I send a couple of emails that urge them to confirm the merchandise received.
How about you? Do you give the ownership to escrow.com or buyer?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
CC or BCC Escrow the same email that goes to the buyer.

gnie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are the CC and BCC?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
carbon copy & blind carbon copy.

The extra fields in your favorite email program's top part.

gnie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right.. RADiSTAR.
I used to take your way. I think the problem is this ways are not perfect for the secured transactions. Buyer can change ID and Password before escrow' staff check the CC or BCC email.
When the domain is not registered at not enom, netsol, tucows or register etc., tracking the history of whois maybe a bit hard work. So escrow should fundamentally re-build their system for seller feels safer than now.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That seems strange. I thought the whole idea of escrow was that they acted as an intermediary on the whole deal. If the domain is transferred directly to the buyer, and there is no confirmation, how does Escrow.com know it is safe to transfer the money to the seller? Where is the buyer's protection here?

I've only used Escrow.com once, as a buyer, and the domain was pulled into my registrar. I am getting ready to sell a domain at eNom, and the buyer wants me to push it to him. Is this the way Escrow.com does it? Shouldn't I "push" the domain to and Escrow.com eNom account, and let them "push" it to the buyer?

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
That seems strange. I thought the whole idea of escrow was that they acted as an intermediary on the whole deal. If the domain is transferred directly to the buyer, and there is no confirmation, how does Escrow.com know it is safe to transfer the money to the seller? Where is the buyer's protection here?

I've only used Escrow.com once, as a buyer, and the domain was pulled into my registrar. I am getting ready to sell a domain at eNom, and the buyer wants me to push it to him. Is this the way Escrow.com does it? Shouldn't I "push" the domain to and Escrow.com eNom account, and let them "push" it to the buyer?
escrow process:
buyer and seller agree to terms.
buyer sends escrow money
escrow confirms funds
escrow tells seller to transfer name
seller transfers and confirms with escrow.
buyer confirms he receives the name.
escrow releases funds.
2 things could go wrong:
what if seller says he transfers and changes ownership but is really in control and buyer says that he didn't?
what happens to the funds?

what if seller transfers the name and buyer says he didn't?
what happens to funds?

I've used escrow.com many many times just curious of what escrow.com's policies are like in these sorts of situations.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if selling, before you tranfer or push the domain, change the whois info the the buyers profile. wait until it has updated and is shown on escrow's whois page, then release the domain.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
if selling, before you tranfer or push the domain, change the whois info the the buyers profile. wait until it has updated and is shown on escrow's whois page, then release the domain.
I agree with this - except I wonder if you shouldn't update the email address yet? If you update the email address and the buyer requests a transfer, the approval email will go to the buyer instead of you. That's okay if escrow.com really has the money, I guess. It's more of a problem with there is not a direct "push" involved. I still have some domains at directnic.com which does not have the ability to push domains.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We never EVER get involved with a registar change when selling a name. That is an invitation to theft, delays, and all kinds of trouble. PUSH ONLY or no deal. Only 1 person had a problem with that, and I suspected he was a scam artist from the beginning. The buyer is welcome to transfer anywhere he wants AFTER the sale is 100% complete.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
healingsites said:
I agree with this - except I wonder if you shouldn't update the email address yet? If you update the email address and the buyer requests a transfer, the approval email will go to the buyer instead of you. That's okay if escrow.com really has the money, I guess. It's more of a problem with there is not a direct "push" involved. I still have some domains at directnic.com which does not have the ability to push domains.

for domains at directnic

create another account in your name, then request an account change via directnic.

then give the buyer the login info for that account, once you have changed profile info.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
healingsites said:
Good idea. It will cost an extra $15 or so but is probably worth it.

actually, it may not cost anything!

MJM

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow provides a fantastic service!

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
We never EVER get involved with a registar change when selling a name. That is an invitation to theft, delays, and all kinds of trouble. PUSH ONLY or no deal. Only 1 person had a problem with that, and I suspected he was a scam artist from the beginning. The buyer is welcome to transfer anywhere he wants AFTER the sale is 100% complete.

I like this approach, but I did have a very bad experience as a buyer with it at Namescout once.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:

This may be the best you can do, but I've sometimes wondered about remaining risks.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
escrow.com is slow !
i've have pushed the domain the buyer. Buyer already updated the whois info and dns.
10 days later, after many support tickets which is not responded, they finally decide to disburse the payment.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gnie said:
Don' you think escrow.com should be modified in its system?
They have not changed it since it was first created in my knowlege.
When the seller submitted the transfer the ownership that might be account username and password, there is no protection for the seller. Because sellers give buyers the ownership directly. In case of sedo, sellers submit the ownership to sedo's staff. This way is absolutely safe so I feel very safe.
But whenever I use escrow.com I am very nervous because there are no reaction from not only buyers and escrow.com
So I send a couple of emails that urge them to confirm the merchandise received.
How about you? Do you give the ownership to escrow.com or buyer?

Escrow.com has many faults with all their positives. The fact that someone could move the name before the escrow.com staff can react - you are right - it happened once to me. Escrow.com swore that regardless, they can always get the name back - LOL - what a response.

The buyer wins at escrow.com - the seller suffers for up to three weeks to get paid - I have had more than 50 transactions there - and the more recent they are - the slower and more tedious they are. They have the best system out there - but they are going downhill fast!!!

They need to update and expedite transactions, terms and verification.

To those who posted they only deal in "push only" transactions - I would like to note that you must never actually sell to end users....

In reality - the use of an Attorney who specializes in these type of deals is the best avenue - there are 3 who frequent this forum (and other forums) - while they may not want to deal in $25 names - any transaction of a decent amount warrants their use - at a competitive price as well. My last resort use of escrow.com is for lower priced international sales. All others go through the attorney if not a direct pay situation.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LewR said:
To those who posted they only deal in "push only" transactions - I would like to note that you must never actually sell to end users....

Huh? We sell almost exclusively to end users... soon to approach 1,000 individual sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom