Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Escrow.com - Defense against seller canceling transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinionDH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last week I started an Escrow.com transaction for a mid $X,XXX domain (I’m the buyer). Both the seller and I agreed to the terms, I sent payment including a $XXX non-refundable escrow fee, and emailed instructions to the seller on how to push the domain to my GoDadddy account. Everything seemed to be going smoothly but for the past few days the seller has stopped responding to my emails and phone calls.

If this transaction is cancelled due to inactivity.. What are my options, if any, in terms of pursuing this through legal means?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well first off you need to expose him or her.... and then inform escrow to issue a refund! Otherwise their is no other option left for you. Deal get canceled and only way to stop people of repeating themselves or protecting buyers is by exposing their dirty laundry for google to index.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Problem is that buyer is responsible for escrow fee in cases where trans is cancelled by either party (if I remember correctly)...statement appears when starting a new transaction.

MinionDH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well first off you need to expose him or her.... and then inform escrow to issue a refund

The problem is the seller is not a domainer so exposing him won’t do much. He purchased one great domain 15 years ago, built a business on it, and later went bankrupt.

Problem is that buyer is responsible for escrow fee in cases where trans is cancelled by either party

Yes, buyer is responsible for fees no matter which party cancels. Escrow.com automatically issues a refund (minus escrow fees) after 10 days of inactivity.

My goal here is to acquire the name and I’m ready to hire a lawyer, send a letter, go to small claims, anything it takes to secure this name. The seller did agree Escrow.com’s terms so I’m hoping I have some sort of chance here.. ?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tbh i'd calm down a little and not assume the worst
real life events may mean he can't get in touch. maybe away as the holiday season. maybe ill. kids ill, anything, had an accident

if you send a threatening email he may pull sale
leave for a few days
email escrow support and ask them not to end sale due to inactivity, tbh they dont bang on 10 days, small holdups are very common

sure they will get back and say keeping open for couple weeks or three
hope he gets back by mid next week. maybe ring or email next tuesday?

good luck, let us know how it goes

MinionDH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow.. you nailed it Pred. Excellent advice.

I'll update this thread in the next week or two (hopefully with good news).

Thank you!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
np
we as domainers get so used to closing deals in minutes, including transfers but non-domainers don't work on those scales

great when it happens like that. tbh we expect payment in 24 hours, almost always. but shit happens
also, he may not be desperate for cash and not in urgent need to get cash transferred
hope all goes through fine next week for you as sounds like a big name you're getting
natural to be sweating on it a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom