Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

estibot appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

requestingbackup

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'm new and i dont get it

i know that estibot appraisals are mostly BS, but when i see what a domain goes for at an auction and compare it with the estibot appraisal tool it usually is pretty close.

are all estibot appraisals based on top dollar an end user would pay?
or are estibot appraiseals just plain old BS?

JacksonProduction

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well Estibot can give you a price range,
even though its mostly complete BS appraisals..
A bot simply can't estimate a sales price.
Take CoolboxesShop.com for example, I wouldn't even pay reg fee for it.
But some business selling coolboxes could propably give you 5000$.
So it's quite logic that appraisals aren't perfect, but as I said if you don't have an idea of price range they can come in handy.
Hope this helps!

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BStibot

domainpilot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I started I used them to see if I should register a domain or not.

Last edited:

cvcard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Estibot appraises a handreg of mine at $200K ....I think that answers your questions.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To have a true quality market, you need to subtract out anything that misinforms or misleads buyers and sellers.

Domain names can contain so many important & complex variables which an automated appraisal mechanism cannot account for. Consequently, estibot and ALL automated appraisals have very low accuracy & reliability. Relying on them perpetuates a myth that they are valid assessment tools. They are not.

There are innumerable examples of how inaccurate they are ... especially for higher quality domain names.

Here some more if interested: Domain Appraisal Myth

Last edited:

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Estibot is not bad most of the time, it's a useful tool and can alert you to a potential bargain you would overlook, and also tell you something you like is no good, it's based on search frequency of the terms.

A lot of time sites with big traffic get low appraisals that could be improved.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love it when people post sales "Estibot says it's worth $500 - I'll sell it at a bargain for $750!"
Or when they sell at a twentieth of estibot appraisal but it's still overpriced for the name ;)

Tygerwoody

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
to the mod that deleted my post.

I wasn't advertising my domain. I was merely saying that estibot appraised my domain at an extremely high rate when its only worth a small percentage of what estibot said. Just thought I'd clear that up.

shack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
estibot is a Joke!

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have problems trying to put a price tag on a domain, search comparables through DNjournal or namebio ~ check their sale prices and price yours as you see fit.

CasualObserver

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Estibot is accurate & great.

just shaking things up a bit. I've since learned too.

requestingbackup

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
heh, thats what i thought at first Casual... so i reg'd all these "great" names now its hard to unload on anybody... they have potential and all that but i really dont see anybody picking one up for the price that estibot gave me now that i've been reading up on stuff over the last month.

LarryC

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm just learning about all this, but I've been doing some comparisons with free domain appraisals. One thing I've noticed is that leapfish.com gives you some really farfetched estimates. According to them, I have several domains worth over $100k. I only wish! Estibot is conservative compared with them, but from what I'm hearing, none of these appraisal tools can be taken too seriously.

D

Deleted member 111831

The bulk appraisal tool is not worthless. The prices it gives you are usually way off the mark but if it says $0 the domain is worth $0 99% of the time. If it says $100,000 that is probably not going to be a reg fee domain. So you can stick 100 names into it and quickly scan the list for huge numbers and it makes it a lot easier to find the needles in the proverbial haystacks. Its also nice for expired domain auctions as you can see which ones have a high alexa ranking without having to input them into alexa 1 by 1.

Maybe I just gave away too many secrets but thats why I find estibot useful, even though people are right its estimates are mostly bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom