Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

estibot appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simple............Estibot=bullshit

I have been in this since 97. My nephew could give me a better valuation than this idiot site.

I have said it before and I will say it again, estibot is the most useless tool on the internet for domainers and I am sick and tired of people saying estibot says its worth 10,000 and I will take 8,000 for someuselesspieceofshi*.com domain.

kuro_seany

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is probably very bad in terms of appraisals, but for noobies i think its a great tool finding out how much traffic, ads, cpc and all the other info

and put in many domain names for appraisal and finding out which ones are taken and which ones are not can really make you think and figure out why

i think its a GREAT tool for noobies

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is that many newbies start registering names based on automated tools like estibot, and they waste their money on worthless regs. Plus, they start out with flawed concepts about domains. This is where I think these tools do more harm than good. The problem isn't the metrics, but the extrapolated amounts that make no sense.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is probably very bad in terms of appraisals, but for noobies i think its a great tool finding out how much traffic, ads, cpc and all the other info

and put in many domain names for appraisal and finding out which ones are taken and which ones are not can really make you think and figure out why

i think its a GREAT tool for noobies

There is use in almost every tool. Though, there is such a thing as "Too Much" information and a copias amount of information is not useful to newbies who are not seasoned in the industry. Too much information can lead to missinformed decisions and purchases.

liveyourdreams

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's very inaccurate. most of the domain names supposedly appraised $500-1000+ by estibot are sold on ebay for $10-20 lol

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so what there saying is take etsibot value and take 0.1% of that ... $100,000 = $100

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so what there saying is take etsibot value and take 0.1% of that ... $100,000 = $100

What "I am saying" is that they are useless and I don't bid on auctions (my preference) with estibot appraisals. They are worthless. And people are conned into thinking these appraisals are worth something.

Bottom line, it is (the domain) only worth what someone is willing to pay for it in this current economic model.

No one can perdict what a domain is worth. IMHO

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
true - i definatly agree, was just making a little joke. you are right. a domain is only worth to someone who has a need for it

unless they are buying the name for traffic

NetworkMsia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think estibot is great. I use it everyday to get the figures, ovt, cpc, ppc ads score, wordtracker

then from there, i make my own justification on what the domain is worth

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i also will use websiteoutlook and cubestat - im assuming both value based on traffic.

i use urban dictionary for brandable words

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom