Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Experian Phone Calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of Experian or either of the other 2 credit reporters to call to validate info...until now I guess.

Credit Reporters usually leave it up to you to make sure your info on your credit reports are valid. They make money when you order reports to verify your info (after that 1 freebie we all get). They also make money when they sell your info. So as long as you have good credit, you shouldnt care if your report is completey up to date or not..cuts down on the unsolicited crap!

I hope you didnt give out any sensitive information. I would have just told them to have a nice day, and left it at that :)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever heard the cliche that we live in an information society?

Experian is a legitimate information company.

I'm not saying you have to fork over sensitive information, but think about this. They are compiling information on your business, which will in turn be made available to others. If you are in high school, 69 E ATME Place is funny. If you are in business, it could be enough to turn off a potential investor/customer/partner, etc.

I don't know anybody who takes their business seriously that would respond as foolishly as what I just read in this thread. I hope that's not a statement on the state of the domain business in general.

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rocket2Uranus said:
Has anybody ever heard the cliche that we live in an information society?

Experian is a legitimate information company.

I'm not saying you have to fork over sensitive information, but think about this. They are compiling information on your business, which will in turn be made available to others. If you are in high school, 69 E ATME Place is funny. If you are in business, it could be enough to turn off a potential investor/customer/partner, etc.

I don't know anybody who takes their business seriously that would respond as foolishly as what I just read in this thread. I hope that's not a statement on the state of the domain business in general.
That is funny considering your "member" name here in a forum filled with potential investors/customers/partners could be read to suggest "Dee Panal." :-O
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom