Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Experiences of Afternic Bazaar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of joining Afternic Bazaar, and just wondered what you experiences were, for selling High $XX to Low $XXX domains?

Is it worth the $20 signup for someone with about 50 domains to sell?

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well good luck, the min fee is $75 so if you sell for $100 you only make $25

Sedo charges $50 min,

Ebay or this board is probally the best place to sell low value names.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sorry i missed the bazzar part..... my bad, I go and look in there every now and then. I am not sure it gets alot of traffic and not many sales in there that I have seen.

You have to buy point/tokens to list in there so it is not free.

Expirepro

Expired DN Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My expierences with tha bazzar have been nuetral so to speak,,I have sold names there and not got payed,I have bought names there and the seller sends me notice that have decided not sell,,This soley based on thier auction not going well for them,Meaning thier DN did not sell for what they wanted.I hardly go to afternic anymore as i feel thier auction and selling ways are beneth many others.

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sold zky.org/us for $121 on the bazaar, couldnt sell the names for $80 in the forums, so it went well for me

See updated sales post below :cheeky:

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have sold dozens of domains at the Bazaar. Well worth the small listing fee if your domains are half decent.
:approve:

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
current sales

zky.org/us for $121
jhx.us for $15
kfq.us for $19

A handful with out sales
and currently running 16 active auctions, 10 out of 14 recent adds are mine as of this post

siber

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You need to buy some so called "bazaar bucks" and they are not so expensive. I bought and sold many domains via Afternic Bazaar.
You may find some great domains selling very cheap sometimes.
If a seller does not sell a domain he listed, you can leave negative feedback. I have never experienced but I guess if one gets two or more negative feedbacks, his account is being suspended.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just starting using the Afternic their parking program and the Bazaar.
1. You get 10 Bazaar bucks, when you sign up.
I sold a domain that I wasn't able to get rid of here, for twice the price I was asking for here. So for me, so far so good.

pkguy

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is good sometimes as the prices you get sometimes are higher than expectred. However a lot of times the buyer doesn't pay and leave.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
another feature that is somewhat annoying is if you decide to end an auction on a domain you have have listed prior from it's ending stop price you have set, an automated email is sent to anyone who may have placed a proxy bid thus disclosing your stop price!! what is the purpose of disclosing a stop price on an auction you have hidden the stop price on ?

richard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My experience with them has always
been very poor, if I were you i'd try
somewhere else, like Sedo.com.

Regards

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Every site has minor adjustments that need to be made & someone can't please everyone all the time. All in all I have used Afternic for over 7 yrs, there customer service had some issues back before Roger took over, but since then, I have no complaints or issues. The customer service has improved and I have sold dozens & dozens of domains on the site.
They are currently in the process of doing some updates and the new changes look promising. Keep up the good work Afternic.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Richard, your comments have been all over DNF about afternic.

I think everyone knows your opinion.

Continuous complaining works against your good reputation.

Move on.

No reputation lost on me, I love his rhetoric, as do I love Rogers comments.

Keep up the fight Richard.. :peace: even if you get nothing out of it you have been an eye opener and have made some entertaining reading.

MikeinFlorida

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say after a year with Afternic and no sales there I left just a couple of weeks ago. I sold domain names several other places -- just no luck there. Unfortunately I didn't even get one offer through Afternic in a year with some great names.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SEDO only charges a 10% fee for names that you have parked with them. $60 is the minimum sell price so the cost would be just $6.00 if the name is parked them. There are certainly bogus bids there but I doubt that you get to use their service after making one.

Axioma

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buyers that just won't pay, and afternic won't help in the matter. After all, you've already paid for the BazaarBucks (Afternic Bazaar).

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I paid the $20 to join but have neither sold any DN with Afternic let alone somebody made a bid nor used their parking services. Therefore my whole expereince with them is neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom