Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Expired Domain Names at Network Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

toria

Lifetime Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to know where to look for Expired Domain Names at Network Solutions?

I know where to look for Expired Domain Names at GoDaddy (tdnam.com), but assume they are only domains reg'd with GoDaddy.

A friend of mine called me today, having discovered his website is no longer active. He is a retired teacher who supplements his retirement by selling a product to schools and homeschools on the site. The domain name is also the name of his little company.

He didn't regularly check the site, and does not recall receiving a renewal notice. He thought his host (Yahoo, I think) paid for the registration as part of the hosting fee.

After looking it up in WhoIs, it appears he let it lapse last year (explains why his sales dropped off so drastically). The name is now reg'd at on a private registration Network Solutions with an expiration date of March 1, 2008. WhoIs data shows the record created back in 2000, when I helped him set it up originally, so I figure new owner got it at an expired domain auction. It is parked.

Anyway, I told him we could try to grab it back if the current owner lets it drop, but I don't know where to look for Expired Domain Names at Network Solutions. Can you point me in the right direction?

Obviously, if that does not work (if they renew), I'll have to guide him through trying to buy it back from the current owner.

Thanks in advance for your help.

toria

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameJet.com is now the exclusive partner for NetSol drops.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Tell him to contact Network Solutions first as there is a chance the domain is on hold (NetSol paid the renewal fee).

fulfill

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shoppers.com purchased by Xedoc Holding SA

They currently have the domain name parked with Fabulous.com.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't be so sure that namejet will get the domain though, just look at the info for shoppers.com:

http://www.whois.ws/domain_archive-com/shoppers.com/

You should place a backorder at pool.com and snapnames.com to be on the safe side.

actually that was a total breakdown of their process. Apparently the domain got DELETED from registry and pool picked it up..

chances of this happening again? :)

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actually that was a total breakdown of their process. Apparently the domain got DELETED from registry and pool picked it up..

chances of this happening again? :)

I've seen it happen on quite a few names in the last couple of years.

toria

Lifetime Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your GREAT advice!

Based on your advice, I sent him an e-mail with the following:

Basically, you have four choices. I would do them in this order:

1. Contact Network Solutions (NetSol for short) right away to see if you can get it. This was recommended by folks at my domain name forum when I asked their advice. They said it is possible that NetSol paid the fee and parked it themselves for the revenue. Their phone number is 570-708-8780.

2. Do this if number 1 above does not work. This was also recommended by folks at my domain name forum. Put in a backorder for the name ASAP at http://pool.com and http://snapnames.com just to be safe. It will cost you @ $20 per place for a total of $40.

3. Wait to see if the person lets the name drop (by not paying the renewal fee). You won't know for sure until 30 - 45 days after the expiration date, though by March 3rd or 4th, we should be able to see if the expiration date has been extended. If it does not renew, it will show up on the expired names auction for Network Solutions at http://namejet.com.

4. Try to buy it back through Network Solutions Certified Domain Offer Service (https://www.networksolutions.com/domain-name-registration/certified-offer.jsp). They charge a fee to contact the current owner and make an offer for you, but make it relatively easy to negotiate for a name. And they provide escrow service. That's what the person used who bought RELATIONPOINT.COM from me.

Thanks again fellow domainers! I really appreciate your help!

toria

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure they place the backorder at NameJet. They may as well do it now.

fulfill

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Want to share this info.

SnapNames: Whois Lookup
---------------------------

Domain Name: SHOPPERS.COM
Registrar: SCOOPDOMAIN.CA INC.
Whois Server: whois.scoopdomain.ca
Referral URL: http://www.scoopdomain.ca
Name Server: NS1.FABULOUS.COM
Name Server: NS2.FABULOUS.COM
Updated Date: 07-feb-2008
Creation Date: 02-feb-2008
Expiration Date: 02-feb-2009

Registrar Whois for shoppers.com

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=535 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><!-- Content --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><!-- Start registrar (thick) whois --><TBODY><TR><TD class=maintext>Domain shoppers.com

Date Registered: 2008-2-2
Date Modified: 2/5/2008
Expiry Date: 2/2/2009
DNS1: ns1.fabulous.com
DNS2: ns2.fabulous.com

Registrant

Xedoc Holding SA
31 Grand Rue
BP 222
L-2012
LU

Administrative Contact

Xedoc Holding SA
domain admin
19, rue de Bitbourg
Luxembourg
L-1273
LU
+97237617097
[email protected]

Technical Contact

Xedoc Holding SA
domain admin
19, rue de Bitbourg
Luxembourg
L-1273
LU
+97237617097
[email protected]

Registrar: scoopdomain.ca
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom