Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Expiring domains question for a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResearchGuy

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

What is the best way to secure an expiring domain? Is there a master expiring domain auction list or place I can go? The domain in question is on a Network Solutions server with an expired date of 28 JAN. I assume I have to wait for a few more weeks for it to be available for others if it is not renewed?

Thanks.

Last edited:

sparty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depending on the status.. if its prerelease you have to use the right catcher, you will know that based on the current registrar. If its in pending delete you have to use them all...

namejet, snapnames, etc, etc..

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look at the whois record carefully.
If the domain is with Network Solutions I suggest that you keep an eye on namejet.com, the domain should be available there for a short period roughly one month after expiry date.
Then place a bid at the last minute (hope nobody else will be interested in the domain).

Or you can wait for the domain to be deleted, but if it's any good chances are somebody (or a a dropcatcher) will grab it.

The benefit of using namejet is that the domain won't be deleted so it retains its original creation date. But it will usually cost $69 minimum, more than regfee.
So it depends on how motivated you are to secure that domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom