Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Explain EBAY reserve please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't understand exactly what a reserve is on Ebay. Someone said they had their domain reach $100 bucks today, but it didn't reach his reserve. Are you allowed to pull your auction if your reserve isn't met?

thanks
bryan

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The one thing I can't figure out by reading the reserve info on ebay is

It costs a fee to use the reserve, but they make it sound like whatever you set the reserve at, that is the fee. Then if someone meets the reserve, it is added back to your account. So if i want a reserve of $500, then it will want to deduct $500 from my account. Is that correct?

thanks
bryan

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They charge a listing fee which is based on the start price, and a reserve fee which is a percentage of the reserve. If the item sells for more than the reserve they credit the reserve fee and charge a final value fee. If it doesn't you lose the reserve fee. The idea is that you get more bids if you start low. Some sellers start low without reserve and get a friend to bid the price up to their reserve thus avoiding the reserve fee. This is a breach of ebay rule and is called shill bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom