Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

express appraisal from Godaddy is totally crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They say that the appraisal can take upto two hours and i thought may be its not automated and thought why not try them but later found out that its all automated and they charge 4.99$ and the service that u receive it total crap. i got my appraisal as soon as i paid the money, with in 5 seconds so it has to be automated.
Anybody with me?
Cheers
Simon

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy everything is crap

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy is all about numbers. Very poor customer support cuz of too big a clientelle base.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what was the name and how many '0' are there in the appraisal ? :greenrolleyes:

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sdsinc said:
Just out of curiosity what was the name and how many '0' are there in the appraisal ? :greenrolleyes:
It is not necessarily that they appraise domains too high. For example, I have read an appraisal for an obvious $xx,xxx domain and their appraisal said it was only worth low $xxx.

seeker65

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you need someone else to place a value on your domains for you then you are in the wrong business - period

Its not Go Dads fault or anyone elses fault - its your fault - you are in a business you know nothing about - get out while you still can

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They say that the appraisal can take upto two hours and i thought may be its not automated and thought why not try them but later found out that its all automated and they charge 4.99$ and the service that u receive it total crap. i got my appraisal as soon as i paid the money, with in 5 seconds so it has to be automated.
Anybody with me?
Cheers
Simon

It's the old saying, you get what you pay for, you purchased automated and got automated, it even states that before checkout. I purchased a couple certified appraisals from them and what I learned is that they under valued my domains buy about 20%, they came in lower than Afternic and Sedo's appraisals. They also messed up on a lot of certified appraisals, for instance "dogxtreme.com" their original appraisal came in at over $100,000!, somebody picked up on the bogus amount and Godaddy later corrected it to $1580, the name is still up on TDNAM.

I dont agree that we should all get out of the business because we dont know what are domains are worth...that's just nonsense, to prevent under and overselling, appraisals are worth there weight in gold, especially for great domains.

seeker65

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont agree that we should all get out of the business because we dont know what are domains are worth...that's just nonsense, to prevent under and overselling, appraisals are worth there weight in gold, especially for great domains.

I didn't say you should all get out, read carefully, relax

If you domain was so great why would you need an appraisal?
Wouldn't you already have an idea of it's value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom