Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

$F for opening a thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
noelius said:
You can give $F5 for each new thread created. This could increase the number of threads created.

I think the last thing DNF needs to work on is more threads.

:peep:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditto. You would see nothing but useless threads being created. It would be a nightmare to moderate.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
noelius said:
You can give $F5 for each new thread created. This could increase the number of threads created.

the point is not being paid for posting.

you post for the pleasure of contributing to the forum!

However, i'm sure your request will be taken under consideration.

Thanks

noelius

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, I know you aren't being paid for posting, but to contact potential buyers and sellers, however small domain resellers aren't able to afford memberships, and I think a good way to allow people to get more would be to let them gain more $F.

I think the more topics are created, the more distributed are the information. Sometimes is uncomfortable to see all the domains listed in the same thread. IT would be easier to see them at the title, for example.

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If dnf$ where given out for posting this place would turn into a spam haven

I would actually like to see LESS dnf$ given per post

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think anyone can spare $35 for a Platinum membership upgrade coming from Gold. Walk a few dogs or cut your neighbors grass and you will have the money. I think the problem is people trying to get something for nothing. This is a place to conduct business; therefore, you will have to pay a small premium for the wealth of information and features it incorporates.

Personally, the DNF$ situation is where it should be, but there are more features that could be added for users to spend their DNF$ to get some of them out of circulation.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Forum users do earn DNF for posting, I think the info below is still correct. It is for exclusive anyways.

DNF Dollars:
We will be altering the amount of DNF earned per post. New values are as follows:

Silver: 1 DNF$ per post
Gold: 2 DNF$ per post
Platinum: 3 DNF$ per post
Exclusive: 4 DNF$ per post

noelius

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
I think anyone can spare $35 for a Platinum membership upgrade coming from Gold. Walk a few dogs or cut your neighbors grass and you will have the money. I think the problem is people trying to get something for nothing. This is a place to conduct business; therefore, you will have to pay a small premium for the wealth of information and features it incorporates.

Personally, the DNF$ situation is where it should be, but there are more features that could be added for users to spend their DNF$ to get some of them out of circulation.

I agree with you that when someone starts a business, he should spend time and money to get more money, and to stablish a good business. However, the problem is when you aren't a full time domain seller, but a student, a webmaster and even a domain seller. That increases money expenses and also you should consider if it's good to spend money in a website membership or not.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
Walk a few dogs or cut your neighbors grass and you will have the money.

I am not doing it for a full-time business. I am one of the one's you listed. Just hold off on a couple of beers at the campus and you will have the funds to purchase the upgrade :)

If you think about it $35 is a lot. Especially, if you're a student, your parents are likely paying for your education. Ask them to spare $35; however the way you are talking it appears you are either in middle school or the lower grades of high school. Do you still receive an allowance? If so you could save that up for a while, or mow a grass or two. When I was younger I had some kind of job since I was 14 so I know it is possible.

If $35 is hard to get save for it. You must have some way of receiving income. It will not be something that comes overnight, so keep saving until you reach that point.

You can also go to the F$ forums and perform certain actions (like posting on forums, signing up for a forum, rating a site, etc) and other members will pay you in DNF$.

There are many ways to EARN your upgrade. Look around.

noelius

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your message. Well, I'm working in these forums to get the upgrade. I have almost the 30% of the DNF$, so it will be easier to get them.

I think DNF$ are a good way to encourage users to sahre their oppinions in the forum. Of course there would be less posts in this forum without DNF$, however, would it be better?

As a tip, how do I know if I should buy domains or not? I'm considering buying 50 domains, and to sell each one of them for about $25, to try if it's possible to make money or not. Which terms should I focus to sell them in this forum? Websites & Internet, Marketing, Business, Search engines, Short domains???

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
noelius said:
Thanks for your message. Well, I'm working in these forums to get the upgrade. I have almost the 30% of the DNF$, so it will be easier to get them.

I think DNF$ are a good way to encourage users to sahre their oppinions in the forum. Of course there would be less posts in this forum without DNF$, however, would it be better?

As a tip, how do I know if I should buy domains or not? I'm considering buying 50 domains, and to sell each one of them for about $25, to try if it's possible to make money or not. Which terms should I focus to sell them in this forum? Websites & Internet, Marketing, Business, Search engines, Short domains???

Don't undermine yourself, if you get a premium name, sell it for more than $25.00. Try posting in the appraisal forums to see how much your names are worth.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are considering buying 50 names which will cost you around $350-$400 minimum (less depending on the extension) why are you going on about the $35 =) Instead of 50 just buy 45 domains. Or buy 10 and see if those sell.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NavySeals91 said:
if you get a premium name, sell it for more than $25.00.
a premium name? if its a real premium name i'll pay $30 be sure to pm me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom