Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

fabulous Fabulous.com not so fabulous

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Fabulous.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had bought a name which was with fabulous and was later was pushed to my new fabulous account. I spent like 20 minutes trying to search for URL forwarding button. Later had to call them in Australia. Then they tell me that its not available for retail customers . Wtf? Why do i need to be a wholesale customer just to forward URL for my domain. I use like 7 other registrars and all of them allow URL forwarding( some free, some with fees) They could have asked for some money and that would have been it. I immediately transferred out the name and since i forgot to update the new name servers, i am still stuck with the old nameservers for like more than a week now. The traffic is going to the old parking page and the name is in pending status so i cant do basically anything until the name is fully transfered out.
I must say that i was not impressed with them at all.
Simon

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to tell this but:
1.- It is up to the Registrar if offers URL forwarding or not.
2.- It was your fault to not change the nameservers of the domain before transfering (newbie mistake but it could happen to anybody).

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think Simons point is ... Url forwarding ( paid or not ) is expected of registrars in this day and age ... its pretty standard stuff.

The fact that they have the service but not for "regular" users , is even more annoying ..... and more over why use the name Fab if they are not ?... they and mediocre.

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
May be if Fabulous.com change its name to Mediocre.com and also offers URL forwarding the live would be better and not so annoying eh! :)
I am also sure that if you change the nameservers of your domain before transfering, the live would be less annoying!

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Simon,

I apologize for the delayed response and the inconveniences caused with your domain/account at Fab.

I know you have already transferred the domain out, however, if you want, I can upgrade your account. This will allow you to use URL redirection.

Please let me know the account details and I will have this done for you ASAP.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike, It was good of you to make this right, its unfortunate that it took a DNF post to resolve it though, when it should have been resolved when Simon made that phone call.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would give them another shot.
Fabulous is one of the best registrars out there.
Very nice of Mike to offer you a complementary upgrade, it's worth giving them another try.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Simon,

I apologize for the delayed response and the inconveniences caused with your domain/account at Fab.

I know you have already transferred the domain out, however, if you want, I can upgrade your account. This will allow you to use URL redirection.

Please let me know the account details and I will have this done for you ASAP.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Great gesture from the man itself. I suggest a second chance.

Cheers,
em

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah great deal... until you remember that they are in australia... not under U.S. laws...too scary for my domains. They locked me out for days... then let me back in... just in enough time to transfer my domains out...

My advice... dont risk it with them... Free account or not Simon...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Give them another go. It really would seem to make no difference where Fabulous is located as the same Icann rules apply.

I also agree Fabulous is a very good firm. If it was not for my being happy with Moniker at this time I would not hesitate moving all my domains to Fab as I rate them roughly equal overall with both also offerung excellent support and control panels.

They also participate in various forums which most other places do not do. Plus the Fab ppc stats, reports and capabilities are incredibly detailed and impressive.

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just so everyone is aware, although we have two levels of accounts, Monetization (wholesale) and Registration (retail), our company is primarily focused on wholesale domain name owners.

We provide limited functionality to retail accounts as we do not wish to service individual domain owners.

I would recommend domain owners of this nature use retail registrars.

On the other hand, as some have mentioned already in this thread, we provide a vast array of tools, reports and services to "wholesale" customers. If anyone is interested in using Fabulous.com as a monetization partner or registrar, please don't hesitate in contacting me.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah... they monetize alright... UNTIL they decide they want to close your account.. and keep all or part of your hard earned domain money... claiming one or another excuse.

They claim they refund this money to advertisers.. Ive had a few people PM me that they claim this very same thing happened to them over the last year. Thats only the ones I know about.

So go ahead...risk it.

shpkiwi

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been using Fabulous for several months and have found them very professional and efficient Their service standards is miles above others I have used. Always get a reply within a few hours and very helpful. I have around 150+ domains with them and the services they provide are good I would like to see a higher return from the domains but maybe the domains I have are not as good as I think they are only time will tell.

Stephen

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They are picky with approving your keywords, if you have a generic domain such as freedomchoice.any tld, and you assign "insurance" or "loans" as the keywords, it will most likely be denied and replaced with flags or something of that nature, if you have 1000 domains and 300 are incorrectly optimized, its not worth the time, effort and headache trying to get them to correct each and every one.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here EVIBE never a problem Mike Fabulous is a great guy, gets a lot of things done that others at Fabulous first say we cannot do. You the man MIKE

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi evibe,

There are some obvious reasons why revenue has declined in your account specifically. So not to discuss account sensitive details on a public forum I have just sent you a PM outlining the reason.

If you have any further issues, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom