Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Fabulous.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
who is fabulous.com and where did they come from?

I just noticed the banner ads and clicked - seems like quite a faaabulous site!

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gail,

The best way to describe fabulous.com is to say this:

Suppose you sat back and made a wish list of everything you need as a domainer...Fabulous.com has put it all in one package!! And if they have missed ANYTHING..it will be there soon!

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Bit silly just sending you to a signup page.

Who is going to sign up without reading the T&Cs and finding out what they do? Still their money helps keep the forum going, so it can't be all bad.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to try out their free appraisal service. It sure gave me a good laughter. :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainPairs
their money helps keep the forum going, so it can't be all bad.

I do appreciate their financial support for the forum but I have one major complaint. Since they put that banner up, everytime I switch pages I get a huge popup screen telling me I have to install Flash 6 just so I can see their banner. Well, I don't want to install Flash 6 or any other software on my computer that I don't choose myself. This is getting incredibly annoying as I have had to close that window at least 30 times in the last hour. Please get RID of the flash banner - like yesterday if possible - it is a MAJOR annoyance!

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kvinsencius
Don't forget to try out their free appraisal service. It sure gave me a good laughter. :)

Where can I find it? I don't see any info on their site about it.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
What's the going rate for the Fabulous.com banner?

I don't know, but whatever it is I will pay them that much to take it down so I quit getting this nag screen to install Flash 6 everytime I change pages! If I wanted Flash 6 I would have installed it!! When will these designers get a clue?

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where can I find it? I don't see any info on their site about it.

RJ, you need to sign up first. Then you will find a link to their appraisal service in your control panel.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl I do appreciate their financial support for the forum but I have one major complaint. Since they put that banner up, everytime I switch pages I get a huge popup screen telling me I have to install Flash 6 just so I can see their banner. Well, I don't want to install Flash 6 or any other software on my computer that I don't choose myself. This is getting incredibly annoying as I have had to close that window at least 30 times in the last hour. Please get RID of the flash banner - like yesterday if possible - it is a MAJOR annoyance!

Agree, being semi-forced to install Flash is one of the biggest annoyances on the Web. How dumb they are for doing that, I for one immidiately exit a website which wants me to use Flash.

Plus even if you say yes why clog-up your hard drive with software you don't need or use, and then have the flash web-site run very slow due to Flash and all its worthless graphics.

I imagine many websurfers also exit those sites and they lose many visitors due to it - but they may still win awards for their fancy flash graphics but have fewer sales!

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've requested advertising rates a few times, never heard back from DNF concerning this.

I am not at home right now and I am getting that pop-up as well, visiting the inlaws :(.

Mike

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything fabulous, just another registrar. I am wrong?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ummm ... I recently clicked on one of their banners here on this site, and was sent through a myriad of sign-up forms/pages/links. I quickly exited all of them, and vowed never to go back.
Now, I'd gladly support an advertiser of this site ... but if you're gunna send me off to some obscure place to sign-up before I've even had a chance to see the goods ... well, Good Luck! :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never went to their site. The Flash banner annoyed me so much I decided I didn't want to go there to be subjected to more of the same.

Red Hawk

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the banner. dnforum needed the banners in a hurry so we sent some hastily put together ones. We have new ones going up today and I will ensure that none of them require the latest flash download.

The valuation tool at the moment is good for a bit of a laugh. It was only the first iteration and compared with the functionality of the rest of the system, its a low priority. It will get much better with each iteration.

I have 73 working for me that constantly improve the system and adding value to what you get as a domain owner. Although, having to pay only $8 and potentially only paying rates that are about our cost for major owners should be enough value, its all the tools dynamic web page generation, and most importantly revenue convension from traffic that are reasons to work with us.

If nothing else, we are Australian and all around good blokes :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Red Hawk - thanks for your responsiveness to the issues presented to you (especially my Flash complaints) :)

We are fond of Aussies here in the States so that gives you a leg up right there!

Red Hawk

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No worries ;-)

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that if winnie gives them a thumbs up then they must be pretty legit but i also agree its bad practice to expect someone to sign up to their site and provide credit card details without seeing anything about them.

Its slightly different here as people have discussed them and those that have used them say how happy they are with the service but anyone surfing in from the net that would be a major cause for concern given todays level of fraud etc on the internet.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Red I signed up to look at the advertised dynamic website builder, but couldn't find it. Looked at your site map too. Send me a pm please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom