Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Fabulous.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have to disagree with the whole flash thing
i hate when sites are nothing but flash and the site is nothing more than the designer showing off

but the web has to move forward
flash banners are less than 10% of the size of gifs in terms of filesize which means that pages will load much much quicker

a similar debate came up in the web a few years back - a lot of people were not happy with the number of images/banners etc on the web increasing since they browsed in text only
But times move on - no one complains about images now because its the norm

Until flash is built in with browsers - which im sure it will soon enough - you will have to download the software

its no different from downloading the latest version of java to visit the dnf auction

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To each his own fonz, but there is nothing I despise more than a site (or in this case, even worse - an ad) that tells me I have to download something to view it. Hey, looking at your page is not a big privilege to me. There are billions of pages (many by your site's competitors) that do not make such demands of me. So I make an immediate exit.

Worst of all are the web site with flash intros. Are those aimed at people you only want to have visit your site one time? I find having to sit through a C grade mini-movie to reach the front page incredibly annoying the first time I hit a site - but to have to watch the same crap every time you visit gets old in a hurry. I simply will not use such sites.

It's the webmaster's call, but I think they are foolish focusing on their own design skills rather than what the surfer is looking for. The customer is always right.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fonzerelli_79
.Until flash is built in with browsers - which im sure it will soon enough - you will have to download the software

No I won't. I have found that my BACK button still works fine without downloading anything. :D

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i agree with you - sites which use flash to show off (instead of complimenting the existing design) are awful - i hate sites with intros

flash buttons are very impressive in my opinion and are worth adding to a site but long intros are not

It's the webmaster's call, but I think they are foolish focusing on their own design skills rather than what the surfer is looking for. The customer is always right.

i agree but this goes back to times moving forward - before people only wanted text information with basic pictures - the net moves on

but very few webmasters design with the surfer in mind
i have a 800*600 resolution and browse with opera - the number of sites which are 1024 pixels in width or use IE only tags is staounding
it gives me a laugh sometimes - there are web deisgn sites which claim to design for all standards and are using IE only tags with and i need to scroll horozontally to read the text

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom