Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Fastest way to get Indexed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the fastest way to get a new site indexed by the major search engines.

Domain Days 2024

DomainDame

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alink from a pr5 site or higher usually works for me. 24hrs -3 days max

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
amcdonald said:
What is the fastest way to get a new site indexed by the major search engines.

Submit to google, yahoo and msn the old fashioned way if you are on a budget. Buy links if you want a bit of a boost. Pay for their(search engines) quick index if you are antsy.

But we have never had a problem getting our own sites indexed by simply submitting them to the majors for free. Don't forget any sitemap features that they might include - like google sitemap feature. That way you know not only do they know about your site, they know about each and every page of your site. That is especially helpful for those with dynamic sites, or sloppy code sites that might be tough for a crawler to traverse completely and effectively.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainDame said:
Alink from a pr5 site or higher usually works for me. 24hrs -3 days max

Thanks, does this method work also in forcing the major engines to reindex existing domains that have already been indexed?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Web-sites are reindexed on a regular basis by the major search engines.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know that, my question was can this method force the engine into reindexing the said page quicker?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
amcdonald said:
I know that, my question was can this method force the engine into reindexing the said page quicker?

Well with google for example - submit a new sitemap to them and they will index it usually within 24 hours by my experience. Use a sitemap making tool and set it to have the xml file read like:
Code:
<url><loc>http://www.yoursiteurl.com/whatever.html</loc><lastmod>2006-07-15T04:57:18+00:00</lastmod><changefreq>daily</changefreq><priority>0.50</priority></url>

Play around with it, like setting the priority to 1.0 for pages you deem more 'worthy'. The above example says to the google crawler that the page content changes daily. Of course you can put whatever you want, but the final determination is up to the crawler and google!

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
manual submission.. + post the links on the sites who's contents are updated regularly. Google is more active on such sites. Link on those site surely helps..

..:: [peace]::..
Jeba

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A link from a well indexed site will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom