Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

File a ChargeBack agaisnt Pool.ca ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostcoin

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The $50 will never apply. There is no way to collect it unless they have a CC on file. They never see transfers until they are over.....They have NO way of stopping them!

Yeah, that's a possibility I guess. The only thing there is the fact that Internic and Pool are one in the same...so if someone uses pool to get the name, Internic does in fact have your cc info.

Hey all, boy... sometimes ca can be confusing. Allow me to clarify.

There is no restriction at Internic on transfers out, I believe you have all identified an inconsistency in the Internic Ts and Cs. Second, the only reason that Internic might charge a fee would be in circumstances where the customer has defaulted on payment and still owes money for the domain.

Thank you Richard, that does help and makes sense. Basically, sending the names to Internic does provide that interface to manage the names and as long as there is no additional fees from Internic upon transfer out, these methods should satisfy the needs of every client whether they only plan on holding the domain for less than a year or if they plan on transfering to their registrar of choice.

Doesn't Pool's Namescout provide such an interface for non-ca's? What's preventing the same management system being used for the .ca's?

Anyway, you don't really need to answer that. I was just curious.

Take care,

And third, the link in the Ts and Cs points to the "Transfer" cost in the pricing table but I'm sure this is for "transfers IN" to Internic (which is why it matches the registration price table).

Sorry Richard, just for the record, where it says "this fee must be paid prior to transferring the domain to another registrar", is this an incorrect wording for what you believe to be true? (ie. that no fee will be payable to Internic for transfers out?) Have others in fact NOT been charged fees by Internic for transferring their names away?

"6. TRANSFERS. You agree that you may not transfer your domain name registration to another domain name registrar during the first sixty (60) days from the effective date of your initial domain name registration through us. You also agree that a domain name transfer fee will immediately become due and payable upon your application to transfer the domain. This fee must be paid prior to transferring the domain to another registrar."

Anyway, I'm going to take your word for it that no fee will in fact be payable to Internic for a transfer out. That would make sense, but I think the T's and C's would then need to be adjusted to say that.

Last edited:
Domain Days 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom