Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Filing a complaint against a domain reseller - WorldBizDomains.com - SCAMMING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an issue with a domain reseller WorldBizDomains.com, the domain reseller owner is a member in ebay he has high feedback around 1600, i bought many domain names from him, suddenly i see a domain name missing from my account after he pushed it a month back before the scam took place, After fighting with him in ebay i discovered he took the domain out of my account and sold it to someone else with higher price. My domain was ABCStores.net

This reseller has ICANN accredited logo on his site, how can i complain?

I have all messages in ebay.

Thank you.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You got your money back so it's gone from a scam to somthing highly unethical (but sadly, legal). ICANN allows a time where you can reverse a transfer / push (I"m not sure about the details).

You can complain to ICANN but are they really acreddited or just using the logo?

I'm assuming you've already left positive feedback for the seller - maybe complain to eBay (get screenshots of the auction and payment ASAP) to see if you can get your feedback reset - then leave negatie feedback. This may be your only recourse since you did get your money back and technically no crime happened.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you,

Honestly its nothing to do with money, it’s something really annoying when you have your domains in a registrar where you think you are safe, and suddenly you find out a domain is missing and listed on sedo for sale.
Anyway, ill will speak with the domain reseller provider, ebay and ICANN, i know its not worth it, but sometimes tiny things make you annoyed or pissed off big time.

Thank you for your input dragger, you can now close this thread.

Regards,

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You got your money back so it's gone from a scam to somthing highly unethical (but sadly, legal). ICANN allows a time where you can reverse a transfer / push (I"m not sure about the details).

You can complain to ICANN but are they really acreddited or just using the logo?

I'm assuming you've already left positive feedback for the seller - maybe complain to eBay (get screenshots of the auction and payment ASAP) to see if you can get your feedback reset - then leave negatie feedback. This may be your only recourse since you did get your money back and technically no crime happened.

Where do you come up with the idea that any of this was even remotely "legal"?
You're confusing things a bit...

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is very unethical. I had a few domains I was interested in once from a seller on here, but once I found out they were registered with that company my only though was "are they for real?". Needless to say after I factored in how much it would cost to transfer out, the deal wasn't worth it.

WorldBizDomains sounds like a scam company. What a terrible name...

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Actually, if this transpired as the OP described it, it is not legal.

Once payment has been made and the domain has been transferred the transaction is over.

If the seller took the domain out of the account, without permission, it is flat out theft.

Brad

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's like your new and fully paid for car was suddenly taken back by the dealer when it was parked in front of your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom