Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Filing a lawsuit against Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to sue Sedo? I'm probably going to file a lawsuit and call Google to say that one of their clients isn't following the rules here.

I've never seen such a BS excuse for not sending me a check. All of a sudden when my check is supposed to be sent out, traffic is not natural! This is such a quincidence! It seems as though every month I wasn't supposed to get a check, my traffic was fine! But I guess this is legitimate because Sedo shouldn't have to actually send a check to their customers if they want to have the money for themselves.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They only test the traffic once the payout limit is reached. That's why they didn't contact you before you were in the position of receiving your check.

By the way, where is your domains' traffic coming from?

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have you tried contacting them to ask which of your domains' traffic is not valid

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think Google could be bothered.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Before you get to excited and pay lawyers fees remember that they can prove where the traffic came from ,and its up to you to prove it didn't.

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I took all of this into consideration guys. The point is that they don't have any proof. I contacted the previous owner and he said it used to be a developed site and was not promoted (he wouldn't lie since his account is already closed at Sedo at his request) and the person at Sedo that I spoke to only stuttered and said "well we found a link on a Turkish forum". Of course I laughed at that lame excuse and even checked Google and saw absolutely NO links to the domain name... It's just a game they're playing and it's not working.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did they state what forum it was on? It could be a site not listed in google.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In short , you won't win , you will spend your time and money , try a PM to Jay from Sedo here on the forum and see if you can work it out again , it could be an error on their part.

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok I guess, I'll send him a PM. Thanks for your help.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope it is thousands they owe you.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kase said:
I'm probably going to file a lawsuit and call Google to say that one of their clients isn't following the rules here.

I don't care what your problem is. Don't start a thread with some wimpy ass threat you are probably going to file a lawsuit. Just do it. Show them who's boss. :eek:k:

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I lose it's because they are a huge company and I'm some random guy. I don't want it to come to that. But proof is proof and if they don't have any, there is no case for them. And I've sued someone before, but it never came to anything b/c the person just ended up paying after hearing about it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Change the DNS so that you can have system logs and use forwarding to Sedo. This way you can see where the traffic is coming from. Using Google to locate incoming links is not foolproof.

Kase

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's a great suggestion but it leaves time for me to end all "promotion scams" or fake the stats. They would only use their "proof".

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Proof is not needed when you have $$$... Its a shame.

M

mole

I think this boils down to the inherent problems with the PPC model. Sedo has every right to be wary. Incentivising a "random" click can and will only breed deviant web behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom