Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

dropcatch Finally DC changes its font!

Discussion about the DropCatch service.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For so long, the DropCatch user interface showed domains with a font that you couldn't tell the casing with a capital I or a lowercase l. I happened to purchase traceI for $308 thinking that I got an amazing deal on a TRAVEL typo, which is in my largest niche holdings.

Turns out, it's a first name, so it does hold value and I will make a return on it in the next 10 years or less. However, I would've been really mad if I chased what I thought to be TRACEL up to thousands as the CPC on that would be crazy.

No more need to copy/paste and check your work by going to the auction link by typing in what you think it is anymore (something I failed to do in this auction). My costly mistake, but doesn't look like it's bound to happen again.

Domain summit 2024

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen many domainers fall into this and got disappointed later. This is also happen with IDN domain.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen many domainers fall into this and got disappointed later. This is also happen with IDN domain.
I've always been pretty cautious with DC by checking it in NotePad and also going to the URL directly to see if it was what I chose (ex: dropcatch.com/domain/domain.com). It slipped my head this time and I went for it. I'm just glad that I won it at the price I did (no complaints about the price as it is a first person's name and made DC aware that I wanted to cancel and not because it was buyer's remorse, but because it's unreadable). DC never responded to me, but the font looks like it changed where you can clearly see a curved lowercase L and differentiate it with an uppercase I now.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For so long, the DropCatch user interface showed domains with a font that you couldn't tell the casing with a capital I or a lowercase l. I happened to purchase traceI for $308 thinking that I got an amazing deal on a TRAVEL typo, which is in my largest niche holdings.

Turns out, it's a first name, so it does hold value and I will make a return on it in the next 10 years or less. However, I would've been really mad if I chased what I thought to be TRACEL up to thousands as the CPC on that would be crazy.

No more need to copy/paste and check your work by going to the auction link by typing in what you think it is anymore (something I failed to do in this auction). My costly mistake, but doesn't look like it's bound to happen again.
Great news!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom