Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Find A Proper Domain Contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebies

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've found a domain I really like for a serivce I'm developing, but I can't seem to get ahold of the current owner. I sent an email, but never got a response. I also tried the phone number, but it is no longer in service. I checked whois history, but have not found any valuable information with that.

Is there any other way that I might be missing in trying to contact this person? There is no website on this domain, so I don't even have a web host to contact (as if they would tell me who it is.)

Any help appreciated! This is the domain I want, and I'm willing to pay what I believe is a very good price for it. (I know domains and the domain industry and know I'm willing to pay a good price.)

Thanks for any pointers.

Andrew

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rebies said:
I've found a domain I really like for a serivce I'm developing, but I can't seem to get ahold of the current owner. I sent an email, but never got a response. I also tried the phone number, but it is no longer in service. I checked whois history, but have not found any valuable information with that.

Is there any other way that I might be missing in trying to contact this person? There is no website on this domain, so I don't even have a web host to contact (as if they would tell me who it is.)

Any help appreciated! This is the domain I want, and I'm willing to pay what I believe is a very good price for it. (I know domains and the domain industry and know I'm willing to pay a good price.)

Thanks for any pointers.

Andrew
What is the domain?

Rebies

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you can understand, I prefer not to say directly here. (Maybe I'm too little trusting, but I would hate someone to find this domain and say "oh ya, maybe I'll try to beat Rebies to the punch")

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try using zabasearch.com

Rebies

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortuantely there is no name associated with the domain. Just a company name, which is a different website which leads nowhere either!

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
company could have gone out of business? better business bureau or chamber of commerce if an address is known. also if within the u s i would check state or local county records most of which can be done on the net for a fee. google searches of course, and possibly trade organizations if applicable, and the domain registrar as a last resort.

lilian

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
contact infor in whois search
email to webmaster@yourdomainname
Google history / any other search engine
for domain registered in other countries,
pm me more info to see if I can help you .
You said you have sent a email, sent it again, maybe you can use a different mailbox.

For example, I have received a email ask for buying of one of my domain,
but I found it months later in bulks in my mailbox.and I've blocked many income emailaddress .

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you tried using Sedo. They have a service like this. Maybe they could track down the owner easier than you.

Rebies

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab that was one thought I had. I was able to track down a few leads and managed to leave messages and emails for these people, so I'm hoping to hear back from one of them today. (previous employees, a related laywer, etc)

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The best you can do is send a good business like email to the whois administrative contact email offering the exact amount you're willing to pay now for their domain name. Before expressing your interest, however, you should make a brief representation of yourself or your company. If there is no response that simply means domain is not for sale and that's it!

Rebies

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ForumDomains,

Thanks, but the emails and phone numbers associated with the whois are invalid. Phone is discontinued and the emails bounce. So thats where I initially got myself wondering: how else can I contact this person or company.

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok fine, then you have to email the registrar where this name is registered with. Every registrar has instructions to contact them should you note invalid whois data. You may even log a complaint with ICANN if registrar do not assist you contact that domain owner.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What site did you use to find whois history? There are a couple of sites that offer this service.

Also could have a look @ alexa.com.. sometimes they have info on the domain registrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom