Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

First Shutout in Live Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doesn't appear that anyone attended so it probably went unnoticed, but for the first time ever, there were zero sales in the Sunday night live auction. When it started several months ago it looked like it was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. :-(

Upvote 0

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know the "banner" that used to advertised the auction has vanished & it looks only accessible thru the small auction link on the front page. Maybe folks could not see it or find it ?

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While it's true the link is somewhat hard to find, you could also interpret this as the first week where ALL the names listed were so incredibly lousy that nobody was willing to take even one of them...

I think the failure of the auction is as much due to "reality" (i.e. that people are putting crap names up for sale) as to "promotion" (the auction is hard to find and not actively promoted any more)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think ALL the names were "incredibly lousy", but the reserves were certainly unrealistic in many cases - in short it is no longer an auction it's a "For Sale" site.

Reserves should not be listed, as long as they are it will never get better.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
Reserves should not be listed, as long as they are it will never get better.
Good point. Actually, since there is no restrictions for the starting bid, making known the reserved price is meaningless.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Edwin for your comment of incredibly lousy names on the auction. :smartass:
Those of us who did list some domains were simply trying to help bring it back up. If you would like to compare sales of domains for the year against a $ ratio feel free to email me. Seems lots of people are purchasing some of our crappy domains.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about making all domains listed start at $1, no reserve allowed. This will atleast bring out the small buyers and sellers. Once the traffic starts to increase then the larger names can be auctioned.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have also talked about the time before. 8PM Eastern Sunday is a bit too late for our friends in Europe, not to mention that those in Asia have already started their work week - it's Monday morning to them!

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have put a few names up for $2, in my onion they are worth a few dollars more(not asking how much guys!!!)

, but just want to see this back and running, as i have bought some good value names here in the past.. with no fees or hassle

but it got me off to a good start last year when i was starting off..

wilco

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom