Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Flippex.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cr3ativity

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
One problem that contradicts Flippa's trademark is "goods". Flippex literally focuses on material goods. Flippa, on the other hand, has more to do with services then anything else. There is nothing material about building, advertising, or selling websites and domains. Both are two different sorts of property, definitely, but one is tangible and the other intangible. You cannot deny that within any trademark...

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Read again the description of the tm class for "flippa". It's in blue.

Apples and oranges. Focus on the current issue: Flippa owns a tm for a venue to sell, trade, auction and otherwise *flip* (keyword) goods and services (my bolding). It doesn't say "domains".

the last line of the TM discription "... in the field of online business " - thats different than flipping homes?

Also - why would flippa go down that road - it wouldn't impact their business or confuse anyone, i see flippex as Flip + exchange brandable name.

the really big reason why would NOT use the name (personally) is flipex.com (one 'p') is already a site

Cr3ativity

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
URLURL - I am aware that Flipex.com is already registered. I actually registered Flipex.ca so that I at least have some advantage...but my main reason for not choosing Flipex over Flippex is pronunciation. Flipex can also be read as Fly-Pex...although debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom