Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

For British/Euro domainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are these "CentralNic" extensions > http://www.centralnic.com/ , like: ...UK.COM, ...DE.COM, ...EU.COM... and how accepted and recognized they are?

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
forget uk.com it'll never be anything like .co.uk. Waste of space really no one even knows it exists unless your in the business.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Latic said:
forget uk.com it'll never be anything like .co.uk. Waste of space really no one even knows it exists unless your in the business.

Just what I thought. I just heard of them today, because they had something listed on Sedo, and for a second there I thought it must have been a mistake in spelling of the extension.

Thanks.

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i'll wait for them to take off now and be more widely known that .coms!!!

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
elusive_kudo said:
Just what I thought. I just heard of them today, because they had something listed on Sedo, and for a second there I thought it must have been a mistake in spelling of the extension.

Thanks.

Buy the way, how used and accepted are CO.UK's in Britain? I know, it's a national domain, but I don't know the usage. Is it ANYWHERE NEAR like in Germany, where people usually type in .DE, before considering .COM?

The reason I'm asking, is because today, I registered three, what I think are very, very decent CO.UK's.

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes and no.

If you've been using the internet for a while .com is the one that springs to mind. But i have a few 'less internet literate' mates who dont know wot a .com is but when u say .co.uk they know its a website straight away.

Alot of people arent educated about the internet in this country about the internet in any other way apart from checking out yahoo chat rooms.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Latic said:
yes and no.

If you've been using the internet for a while .com is the one that springs to mind. But i have a few 'less internet literate' mates who dont know wot a .com is but when u say .co.uk they know its a website straight away.

Alot of people arent educated about the internet in this country about the internet in any other way apart from checking out yahoo chat rooms.

Thanks!

What about ME.UK? What is that .ME stands for?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
diederik said:
AFAIK .me.uk is marketed for personal domain names -- like the .name extension

Ugly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom