Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never heard of Joe Canadian myself.

I have seen those commercials though.

I think it is best to lock/delete this thread now before this turns into a "US Vs. Canada" senerio.

GT and Elusive Kudo, no reason to get all worked up about this.

For all we know you guys could be from Brazil :)
(j/k)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, I LIVE IN CANADA, I'VE SEEN THE COMMERCIAL ABOUT 10 TIMES.

its a commercial, its not our national anthem, and he was never referred to as 'Joe Canadian', you really dont know what your talking about here. I have lived in Canada all my life, I think I would know a tad more about it than you do. I think I'm going to stop arguing and go get some 'JoeCanadian Beer' and maybe choke on a few pretzels while I am at it. What you are saying makes no sense, you obviously know nothing about Canada, or Canadians, so why are you arguing with us? (bah)

elusive_kudo said:
First of all, no need to have such a nasty 25c attitude. That just shows that if anyone is redneck around here, than that's you - moron!

To answer your question, Joe Canadian was very popular Canadian beer commerical about three-four years ago. It was played in front of millions of Canadians. Socially, it did represent the "whole Canada, because the whole Canada was talking about it, in the sense "how true it is," while they were slapping each other high fives... It was being played back during professional hockey & baseball games to get the local crowds going. I witnessed with my own eyes some of the "hysteria" around it. And for that name to sits unregistered, would be unheard of here in the U.S. If anything, there would always be someone trying to take advantage and get some traffic, or some edge in it. That's what pisses me off. You have all the opportunities in your own yard, and yet you're looking accross the fence happy to play around with miserable American leftovers. Now wonder you're always lagging behind. You're content on being the follower, when instead you should take the initiative. At least in your own backyard.

And, don't compare .US with .CA... for those of you who can't read, I've explained that in my earlier post. .US has been around for a year, while .CA has been around for YEARS.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
marketscript said:
This is my view from up here....
- I see even your government flee "your" national extension by having all their websites under .gov extension rather than .us...at least Canadian government is using .ca for all its sites

What a "bright" and weak argument.

When American government started using .GOV, and that was YEARS AGO, there was no any .US extensions at the time. So, naturally they could not "flee"' anything.

And, for "Joe Canadian" he was reffered to exclusively as "Joe Canadian". Even the link from above headlines him as "Joe Canadian" How else would he be reffered to? "That guy that plays in that I am Canadian commercial" ???

"Joe Canadian" > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q="joe+canadian"

P.S.

And, I am from "Brazil" :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
elusive_kudo said:
And, don't compare .US with .CA... for those of you who can't read, I've explained that in my earlier post. .US has been around for a year, while .CA has been around for YEARS.

When American government started using .GOV, and that was YEARS AGO, .there was no any .US extensions at the time, . So, naturally they could not "flee"' anything.
Well ... the truth is: BOTH .gov and .us were established back in 1985.

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
Dude, I LIVE IN CANADA, I'VE SEEN THE COMMERCIAL ABOUT 10 TIMES.

its a commercial, its not our national anthem, and he was never referred to as 'Joe Canadian', you really dont know what your talking about here. I have lived in Canada all my life, I think I would know a tad more about it than you do. I think I'm going to stop arguing and go get some 'JoeCanadian Beer' and maybe choke on a few pretzels while I am at it. What you are saying makes no sense, you obviously know nothing about Canada, or Canadians, so why are you arguing with us? (bah)

GT, give him a break...his interpretations are based on his vey limited knowlegde and research skills. He is the first guy I know to refer a beer commercial to make his brilliant arguments...soon he would see the new commercial, and argue Canadians landed on the moon before Americans :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
marketscript said:
GT, give him a break...his interpretations are based on his vey limited knowlegde and research skills. He is the first guy I know to refer a beer commercial to make his brilliant arguments...soon he would see the new commercial, and argue Canadians landed on the moon before Americans :)

True....

I use tsn.ca as my homepage...

But seriously, its just a 5 year old commercial, I havent seen it on TV in years...whats the big deal...I have never heard the term 'Joe Canadian' once before I read this thread

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
But seriously, its just a 5 year old commercial, I havent seen it on TV in years...whats the big deal...

What's the big deal??? I hate when I have to repeat myself, just because you don't bother to read what is being said to you... I've told you already what the big deal is; somebody of you up there should have useD the extreme popularity and certain controversy that that commercial created at the time, and should have had established a quick JoeCanadian.ca site, and with it tried to capitalize on the notoriety of the commercial to get some eyeballs and some click throughs and what have you. That is called "taking an initiative" and apparently is a foreign term to you.

Instead, you are sitting here and wondering what the big deal is? Well, there is no big deal, indeed. You are totally right.... but don't be scrambling now to register those FreeMartha.com domains, because that would make you look like you are not seeing trees from the forest. Just asking what the "big deal" is about the commercial/small cultural phenomenon seen by millions of Canadians, does tell me a lot of the state of your domain development awareness.

This thread started just as a question/commentary, and some of you felt obliged to defend your apparent ineptness and lethargy, by attacking me personally. If that is the only way you know how to deal with subjects that are not specifically about you as a person - fine.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol...

How would you know anything about Joe Canadian, you know nothing about Canada...

I think this thread should be closed, its obvious Mr. Kudo knows absolutely nothing about Canada. What started out as a .ca discussion has turned into a ignorant redneck American insulting all of the Canadian members on the forum.

Show some respect for your neighbours to the south! :)

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got two words for you. Ignorant & Naive.

RMF

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
lol...

How would you know anything about Joe Canadian, you know nothing about Canada...

I think this thread should be closed, its obvious Mr. Kudo knows absolutely nothing about Canada. What started out as a .ca discussion has turned into a ignorant redneck American insulting all of the Canadian members on the forum.

Show some respect for your neighbours to the south! :)

How would you know that I don't know anything about "Joe Canadian", and/or Canada? As far as showing respect for my neighbors to the "south" - I do! I respect Mexicans very much! :-0

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RMF said:
I got two words for you. Ignorant & Naive.

RMF

I enjoy your "deep" levels of argumentative discussion.

Was it from "Aristotle" or "Socrates" school of Philosophy?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's no point arguing with someone who is ignorant and naive.

RMF

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RMF said:
There's no point arguing with someone who is ignorant and naive.

RMF

I couldn't agree more with you.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
haha...wasn't it the people from Florida who weren't smart enough to fill in a box in 2000 during election time...?

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why should we develop a site based on a beer company's commercial?

If anything I remember the commercial being refered to as "I am Canadian"

which has the following domains registered under .ca

iamcanadian.ca
iamcanadianeh.ca
iamcanadianmusic.ca
iamcanadianproject.ca

Google Results for: "Joe Canadian" 1610 only a few about the ad though
Google Results for: "Joe American" 5390

joeamerican.us = avail.
Please go reg it and develop it :)

I remember seeing a commercial with a guy named joe in it and he was from america.

WHY ISN'T IT REGISTERED ;)

- Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom