Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Threads Shouldn't be Indexed in Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been brought up before -- but I think it would be beneficial to buyers/sellers in this forum to restrict Google and other search engines from accessing threads in the For Sale section of the forum, via Robots.txt.

It's quite aggrivating to be able to see every price for which a domain has sold -- especially if you get a good deal, and you want to make a substantial profit without letting the buyer know how much you actually paid for it.

Anybody else agree?

Upvote 0

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
smub said:
me neither i dont have any thing against it
You are a gold member with 4 posts... you might want to have more activity here before you start commenting on threads and adding nothing to them.

:rolleyes:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
You are a gold member with 4 posts... you might want to have more activity here before you start commenting on threads and adding nothing to them.

:rolleyes:

So let me get this right - only those who agree with your views are valid members?

Str

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, but he meant those who have more insight...IMHO.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Need to be careful, one problem with a vocal minority is the tendency to shout down anyone who disagrees.
Every member here has the right to make their feelings known without being shouted down for expressing a different point of view.

Str

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, everyone has the right to express themselves without being afraid of getting shot. :-D

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got a good idea, that will make everyone happy, have 2 forums for domains for sale, 1 that search engines can index and one that cant be searched (search engine free) then people can have the choice if they do want it to be index or if they do not want it to be index on search engines. problem solved :)

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 sales forum is not the best solution..
Also When Exclusive forum is not Indexed in Google...Mabey It can be done to sales forum too if lot of people argee or DGC and admins decide ...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevey: I have enough problems keeping track of domains for sale in one thread, two would make it way to hard to keep track of threads and posts and names for sale

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you list thousands of domain names for sale For wholesale prices. It doesn't seem fair the whole google world can see much less msn. The forum doesn't mind because they gain in membership from the domain name that is posted .When indexed and picked up by a different domain name buyer through the search he finds dnforums. He adds himself as a member and buys a domain name from me. Oh that's right I am a wholesaler. I think this is a great concept infact Im going to use it at my site. So after reading the post and doing a little research i change my mine. If I decide to retail only I will go Fabulous.com, Sedo.com, Afternic.com I infact want to thank dnforum manager's and webmaster's and members for the space to wholesale my domain names. Thanks you guys are awesome...

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just split your domains up if you don't want them indexed.

Example:
Domain includes no hypens
Domain Firstword: The
Domain 2ndword: Example
Domain Extension: .com
Domain Price: $10 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom